Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This attorney in Visa's Legal & Compliance group will be part of the team that works on M&A & strategic investing matters.
This job is maybe done in eitherFoster City, CA or in our New York, NY location.
- 10-15 years of legal practice
- Experience as a lawyer at both a leading law firm & a multi-national company
- At least 7years specializing in M&A and/or minority investments
- At least 70% of time in current role spent on M&A and/or minority investments
- Admission to the bar in the United States
- Experience buying/selling companies regulated in multiple non-U.S. jurisdictions
- Excellent judgment on legal matters, reflecting pragmatism & business savvy
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Experience in transactions involving financial regulators a plus but not required
- Experience in payments industry a plus but not required
- Admission to the bar in California a plus but not requierd
- Work with business units to explore acquisition & investment prospects & to execute transactions
- Lead transaction teams from the Legal & Compliance group & coordinate with other functions
- Review & negotiate definitive documents
- Conduct & oversee due diligence
- Review presentations & other materials
- Coordinate & contribute to integration of newly acquired businesses
- Supervise outside counsel & effectively manage their costs
- Develop initiatives for maintaining high service levels & quality of advice
- Deliver consistent, strategic, risk-weighted, business-focused legal counsel
- Manage multiple priorities & meet tight deadlines
- Untangle & analyze complex legal issues
- Applicants are requested, but not required, to provide a deal sheet along with their resumes.
- Varies upon the needs of the department
- This position requires travel5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.