Pre-sales Data Science
DataRobot is the worlds premier AI & data science platform. Our Pre-sales Data Science team consists of applied data scientists, passionate about using machine learning to achieve real-world results. As part of the Pre-sales Data Science team at DataRobot, you will collaborate closely with DataRobot customers & bring expertise in data science & the DataRobot platform to help customers achieve their organizations objectives with AI. Youll work with clients in a range of industries on diverse use cases, & with both business (executive, line of business) & technical (data science, engineering, analytics) stakeholders.
- In the pre-sales process, represent the DataRobot product to various personas across the customer organisations spanning from data scientists to C-level executives.
- Lead product demonstrations, align DataRobot to the vision of the customers goals, lead the Proof Of Value process, & quantify the business impact of DataRobot.
- Influence our customers through thought leadership by translating complex technical terms / processes into business outcomes / value-based messaging
- Act as a trusted advisor on AI across the customer lifecycle; build champions by enabling customers to solve complex data science problems using DataRobot including problem framing, data preparation, scripting, model building, model deployment, model management, & output consumption
- Work in tight partnership with the Sales team as well as our Success & Field Engineering teams to ultimately support our customers achieving their goals with DataRobot.
- Act internally as the voice of the customer to the Product, Engineering, & Marketing
- Present at conferences and/or help create other marketing content
- 4+ years of experience either in a PreSales role (and with a motivation to learn Data Science) or in Data Science/predictive modeling. Strong candidates with 2+ years as a PreSales Data Scientist will also be considered.
- 2+ years of experience in customer facing role
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a quantitative subject
- Hands-on experience building & implementing machine learning or AI models
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders to ensure that machine learning solutions deliver successfully on business outcomes
- Strong customer interaction, communication, writing & interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management & organizational abilities
- Familiarity with a variety of technical tools for the manipulation of data
- Regional travel up to 35% may be required
- Advanced degree
- Familiarity with consultative sales process in the data / analytics marketplace
- Familiarity with data platform technology integrations
- Experience dealing with complex customer organizations
- Fluency with scripting in Python or R (preferably both)