About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers & businesses. Thats why we build products to make it easy, quick, & inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, & build better customer experiences. We make teaching AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured $40M in funding up to date, backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, & Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing & hiring a diverse workforce.
We build the systems & services that other engineers use to build the Clarifai products. Neural networks are data-hungry beasts & we work to keep them well-fed. Clarifais infrastructure team is responsible for the overall availability & reliability of the products we sell. We work with the other engineering teams to ensure they have the tools & resources they need to deliver the best product for our customers.
Your focus on engineering efficiency will empower the engineers around you to deliver products faster than ever before while your knowledge of service reliability best practices will help Clarifai scale to meet growing customer demand.Youll build & maintain our core database stack with PostgreSQL & Citus.
What Youll Do:
- Youre a doer with the ability to drive projects forward.
- Build & maintain RDBMS cluster stack with PostgreSQL/Citus & their cloud alternatives
- Design & build distributed datastore for the large-scale distributed training infrastructure
- Monitor & maintain the stability & scalability of our products & work with teams to identify & resolve potential bottlenecks
- Develop & maintain the internal services that power our infrastructure
- Provide the tools & platforms used by our engineers to build & maintain our products
What You Bring:
- 3 + years expertise in PostgreSQL, MySQL, Citus or their cloud alternatives (RDS, Cloud SQL, Redshift, et al.).
- Well-versed in with distributed storage systems (e.g. HDFS, Ceph, GlusterFS, et al.)
- 5 + years experience in Shell Scripting, Python, Golang, C++, or Java.
- Experience deploying container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, GKE, EKS, et al.)
- You are an expert with CI/CD pipelines.
- You are well-versed in observability & reliability best practices
In your first month, you will start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Develop a mental model of the existing services that make up Clarifais production stack
- Begin to tackle tasks which expose you to different pieces of our infrastructure
- Follow the documentation to address ops tasks & start contributing to the knowledge base
3 months later, you will use your understanding of Clarifais infrastructure to find the critical areas to address. You will:
- Tackle bigger scoped story or epic with guidance from the peers
- Work with other engineering teams to deliver infrastructure improvements for current product initiatives
- Contribute to backlog building by proactively identifying areas of issues or improvement & help with the prioritization
6 months down the road, you'll have an understanding of current & future projects that will allow you to scale our products & our engineering practices. You will:
Start to tackle more critical infrastructure issues, in a more independent manner
- Start to tackle more critical infrastructure issues, in a more independent manner
- Work with other engineering teams to deliver infrastructure improvements for future product initiatives, empowering those teams to deliver on their schedule
- Scale our engineering standard methodologies, enhancing the efficiency of your peers through better processes, tools, or both
In 12 months, your deep understanding of our product & infrastructure will be critical in determining the future vision for our infrastructure. You will:
- Continue to scale our existing tools & platforms for a rapidly growing engineering organization & product suite.
- Identify large future initiatives the infrastructure layer should be focusing on, ensuring we remain ahead of any scaling bottlenecks & product requirements.