Your role in our mission
Were on a mission to build intuitive, personal help & anticipatory technology into one of the most important spaces in our lives: our home. As a startup at the intersection of four multi-billion dollar industries - real estate, technology, service & commerce - Hello Alfred is a new kind of company: trusted to serve consumers past their front door.
Partnering with the largest real estate developers in the world, Hello Alfreds footprint has grown rapidly in the last three years & currently operates in more than 20 markets across the United States. We began with one product in the market - Alfred Services - delivering in-home service to our residents. This was the first step in our broader vision & strategy to build a product staircase to expand membership access to all resident types & building types. We are now at an inflection point to execute on this strategy with the launch of our Alfred Utilities platform & Powered by Alfred offering.
This GM role will oversee the P&L & product roadmap for all Hello Alfred business lines. The successful candidate will sign up for aggressive revenue & user growth targets, achieved through clear definition of our product vision & roadmap, & building a world-class cross-functional organization to bridge the online-offline world for our residents through a seamless, delightful experience.
How youll help us to be successful
This role will sit at the center of the organization, partnering with Marketing to position products in the market & activate our buildings; with Sales to innovate on our product roadmap with real estate partners; with Operations on the touchpoints, workflows & process engineering for Alfreds & Residents; with Technology to build platform solutions & a delightful user experience; & in each case will provide the data, research & learnings to close the feedback loop.
This will be a highly collaborative leadership role that will transform our product experience & revenue growth. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishing the product vision & strategy unifying all Hello Alfred business lines, as well as developing metrics & goals to measure success
- Serving as the key business stakeholder with the technology team, providing business goals to guide the prioritization of the roadmap, ensuring alignment with cross-functional partners (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations etc.) & the executive team
- Setting & achieving aggressive revenue targets for each of the Hello Alfred business lines.
- Uniting the technology, the services & the member workflow into one cohesive experience
- Building & leading a team of experts in general management, workflow & process engineering, data & insights, hospitality & resident experience
- Aligning & rallying the cross-functional team behind one vision, roadmap & set of targets, including product management, engineering, design, sales, marketing & operations
- Developing a deep understanding of the Field Operations & partnering closely on implementation
- Rapidly iterating & evolving the product to meet Alfred & Resident needs, while creating scalable global solutions
- Using internal & external data, research & learning opportunities to look around corners for future user needs
What superpowers youll use
- General manager/owner mentality: an entrepreneurial drive with bias for action
- Outcome-oriented: not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome & works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Customer experience intuition & judgement: demonstrated success in creating innovative & user-friendly applications, features, workflows, services & experiences.
- Collaborative: excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, & work with a variety of internal & external stakeholders
Who you are
- 10-15+ years of business line general management and/or product management experience
- Proven P&L ownership & revenue growth
- A systems thinker with a lateral mind; low ego, high intellect
- Demonstrated ability to articulate & execute a product vision, strategy, planning & development
- Experience bridging the online-offline world in this hybrid role of tech / physical experience / services solution set
- Experience with consumer products, hospitality, experiences or marketplaces
- Passionate about design, creative problem solving & an obsession with delightful user experience