Drive Strategy. Design & personalize. Measure Impact.
The role youll play:
As a People Development Manager at CB Insights, your objective will be to implement & manage learning & development programs on behalf of the People Team within CB Insights, from conception to creation to continuous improvement, across the full employee lifecycle. The People Development Manager applies their expertise & insight to ensure effective, efficient capability-building, targeting the critical skills & behaviors that help CBIers achieve the what (business results) through the how (CBIs values-aligned competencies + function-specific skills). This role sits within CBIs People Development function & integrates with onboarding, career progression, performance development, talent management, & employee engagement.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Work closely with CBI leadership & the People Development team to understand business priorities & skill gaps, collaborating on the design & execution of scalable blended learning experiences across onboarding, function-specific learning, professional development, & leadership development
- Design & develop blended, innovative, & modern learning solutions to ensure learning is impactful, personalized, engaging, & accessible
- Collaborate with People Development leadership to link L&D programming with CB Insights performance & engagement evaluative processes
- Establish training processes & systems that help the People Development function scale effectively with the organization
- Research, select, & manage resources, both internal & vendors to develop & deliver training on time & with high quality
- Measure the effectiveness of learning solutions that have been implemented & continuously improve delivery methods based on data
- Coordinate the creation of on-brand graphic & instructional design content
- Support the vision & values of the company through role modeling & encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives & projects as requested
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience managing L&D function as either a specialist or an HR generalist/business partner with a heavy L&D or performance development focus, preferably in a SaaS or startup environment
- Knowledge of & passion for adult education science & best practices; you stay abreast of & geek out about L&D trends, technologies, & practices
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience implementing learning platforms/technology
- Bachelor's degree in adult education, cognitive sciences, human resource development, and/or related discipline is strongly preferred
- Agility to experiment, obtain data, learn, & iterate on plans that progress towards the accomplishment of strategic goals
This role will be right for you if:
- You love using data to make informed decisions about Learning & Development initiatives
- You are analytical in nature, & easily connect Learning & Development initiatives to business outcomes
- You value learning & stay up to date with new trends in the Learning & Development space
- You are naturally collaborative & open in your work style & love being part of a high functioning team
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, & Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Plaid is looking for a strategic & experienced HRBP to partner with Plaids technical teams (Engineering, Product, Design, & Support) as we enter our next phase of growth. As a member of our HRBP team, not only will you provide guidance to your client groups, but youll also help define what an HRBP means at Plaid, both immediately & in the future.
Youll be a strong partner to People teams in establishing how to best partner, define & implement people strategies. Youll also encourage your client groups to take on a forward looking model as we scale over the next few years. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact throughout Plaid & grow as a leader in the People space.
What Excites You
- Providing strategic partnership & counsel to EPDS leaders at Plaid
- Collaborating with People teams to design & implement programs across the EPDS org
- Coaching & developing leaders at all levels within the organization
- Utilizing data & analytics to inform key business decisions
- Identifying development, performance, & retention needs & implementing solutions
- Mentoring & coaching other members of the People team & eventually scaling the HRBP team
What Excites Us
- Minimum of 7 years as an HR Business Partner within a high growth environment
- Track record of success partnering with senior leaders within technical organizations
- Ability to drive people programs: performance management, calibrations, compensation planning, executive coaching, employee relations, organizational design etc.
- Additional experience within other areas of HR a strong plus (L&D & Compensation)
- Experience issue spotting & proactively advising on potential solutions with minimal oversight
- Analytically driven; experience in utilizing qualitative & quantitative approaches to root cause analysis
- A team player; low ego & highly collaborative