Squarespace's external communications team advances the company's goals through earned media strategies, while also building & protecting its reputation through creative campaigns targeting our key stakeholders.
We are looking for an experienced Corporate & Financial communications professional to support Squarespace's business goals & next phase of growth. You will lead communications related to major financial events & company milestones, including M&A, where you will develop an overarching strategy to drive our corporate story. You will be the main liaison between financial & investor facing media, building & maintaining relationships with key journalists while supporting issues management.
You will report to the Head of Communications in our NYC headquarters.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Build & execute a corporate & financial communications program, owning & advancing Squarespace's corporate narrative
- Closely partner with senior company leadership to advise on financial & corporate communications matters
- Act as the lead communications partner on M&A & enterprise
- Manage & maintain media relationships with financial & business press
- Be a communications expert across multiple businesses, leaders, & geographies
- Determine measurement & effectiveness for communications strategies
- 10+ years of experience working in-house at a public company in corporate communications
- Hands-on experience with comms around major financial events
- Experience working directly with & advising senior business leaders in building communications plans that achieve business objectives
- Demonstration of how thoughtful & creative communications strategies can impact business objectives
- Issues/crisis management experience
- Track record of successful partnerships with cross functional teams
- Strong writer who can demonstrate internal & external influence to achieve goals
- Impeccable project, time, & relationship management skills
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.