Nextdoor is an internet company based in San Francisco & backed by Silicon Valleys leading investors. Our mission is to bring back a sense of community to the neighbourhood; one of the most important communities in each of our lives.
Our product is a free & private social network that allows neighbours to share information & recommendations. Our platform also allows government agencies & emergency response departments to communicate directly with residents when urgent crime & safety issues arise. Over 160,000 neighbourhoods in the United States rely on Nextdoor to build stronger & safer neighbourhoods.
We are searching for a Country Manager to introduce & grow Nextdoor in Canada. This is an executive level role with meaningful equity.
Qualified candidates will be entrepreneurs with deep marketing experience who thrive on the challenge of growing a social network from scratch. We are not looking for a slick car salesman, but rather, a leader of exceptional integrity who cares deeply about building community on a grassroots level.
- Develop a go to market strategy for Canada.
- Serve as Nextdoors spokesperson. Qualified candidates must excel at frequent media interviews & at representing the company in neighbourhood association meetings.
- Build & manage a team responsible for awareness & growth.
- Develop partnerships with government agencies.
- Recommend, execute & measure the effectiveness of numerous different grassroots & digital marketing campaigns.
- Analyze & present insights from user data & member feedback. Communicate feature requests to our product development team in San Francisco.
- Quite simply, do whatever it takes to introduce Canadian neighbourhoods to Nextdoor. Some days, this may mean analyzing data, & other days, it may mean hopping on a train to close a partnership in another city.
- Native or long time resident of Canada, well connected & familiar with the issues that residents care about across the country.
- 5+ years of experience starting your own business or being among the founding team of a small, fast growing company.
- Ideally, experience with at least one high-growth consumer internet company.
- Ability to travel both within Canada, & to our company headquarters in San Francisco.
- Ability to analyze & interpret complex data to drive business decisions.
- Experience with building & managing teams.
- Natural affinity for building community. Deep belief in our mission to bring neighbours together to alleviate social isolation, share information & connect them to larger civic goals.
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills.