At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible & efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care. We believe this position, Director of Physician Network Development, will help to grow our footprint & achieve our goal of transforming the healthcare industry.
As an integral member of the VillageMD Business Development team, the Director of Physician Network Development will be responsible for selling VillageMDs solution & model to primary care physicians, in our VMD Atlanta market. This individual will drive recruitment of local independent physicians & practices into the VillageMD network & will be responsible for developing & managing physician partnerships from initiation through close to implementation.
What are some responsibilities you will hold at VillageMD?
- Conducting targeted outreach, both in-person & telephonically, to identify decision makers & qualify opportunities
- Conducting sales meetings & presentations with physicians
- Continuously following-up with interested physicians & managing opportunities to close
- Tracking all sales activities through regular pipeline reporting & prospect monitoring
- Executing necessary agreement documents with providers
- Partnering with Marketing to generate additional leads & sharing new ideas across markets to shorten sales cycle & accelerate growth
- Supporting provider implementation with operations teams
- Leveraging local physician champions & available market data to generate target lists of practice & physician leads
What will make you successful here?
- Demonstrated a strong track record of relationship-building & project management.
- Ability to balance vision with a hands-on approach & level of comfort driving results independently, as well as with & through others.
- Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, & a high level of humility are all indicators for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture.
- Demonstrated consultative sales approach with prior experience in conceptual selling
What you might do in your first year:
- Drive independent provider growth within a geographic region
- You will integrate with operational teams to ensure a successful practice on-boarding experience & continue to monitor ongoing physician partnerships including engagement & success.
- You will develop & manage physician partnerships from initiation through close & implementation.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of six years of sales experience required; healthcare sales or physician recruitment experience preferred
- Familiarity with healthcare economics helpful including knowledge of impact to physician practice & managed care environments
- Ability to quickly gain credibility & establish trusting relationships with providers & their staff
- Proven experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Superior relationship development & management skills
- Proven ability to qualify & follow-up on leads from various sources
- Ability to travel within approximately 200 mi radius as required for physician meetings
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.