Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers will love.
At DigitalOcean, Data Center Engineers play a massive role in the success of our business. Our amazing Data Center team is responsible for maintaining & growing the physical infrastructure of the DigitalOcean cloud, past, present & future. They own everything related to the physical servers & networking gear that enables our company, & our customers to scale.
Day to day duties may include everything from replacing a faulty drive in one of our servers, to flying overseas to set up a brand new Data Center from scratch. In exchange for your expertise & enthusiastic interest in DigitalOcean, we can offer you a role on a fast growing, & collaborative team where you'll be given regular opportunities to hone your skills & learn new ones.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Deploying & maintaining new Data Center infrastructure
- Racking, stacking & wiring servers, power distribution units, & switches
- Installing servers, switches, routers, & storage hardware
- Submitting RMA to equipment manufacturers & shipping & receiving gear to & from remote locations & vendors
- Submitting & tracking remote work requests & managing server & component inventory
- Diagnosing & repairing hardware & performing upgrades, integrations, rebuilds & other projects as needed
- Debugging network, hardware, & Linux OS related issues
What Well Expect From You:
- Hands on experience with servers, hardware , networking
- 1 year of data center center experience where you worked with physical servers
- Basic proficiency with Linux OS (working in terminal sessions or command line)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, a collaborative nature & a friendly can-do attitude
- Solid troubleshooting skills in networking, hardware, & Linux OS related issues
- A strong desire & aptitude for solving problems & performing deep technical dives to resolve issues quickly & efficiently
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- A valid drivers license (must be comfortable with driving)
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally (10% - 15% travel)
- Ability to be on your feet all day
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people.We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development.We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you.We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!