Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
The position of Receptionist/Facilities Coordinator requires an energetic & enthusiastic individual who is detail oriented & enjoys working on a variety of different projects. This position requires a reliable self-starter who has great communication etiquette, strong computer skills & is a team player. This person must be comfortable working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. This position may require someovertime when needed.
Within your first month, you will:
- Learn Intersection & building managements guest processes.
- Develop a good rapport with employees, frequent guests & teammates.
- Manage a very busy conference room scheduling system & resolve conflicts, juggling reservations when necessary
- Engage with caterers & other building management personnel
- Provide assistance stocking the pantries as needed.
- Send company emails for event reminders
Within your first two months, you will:
- Understand the access card & security systems
- Understand cold calls & who to transfer them to for assistance.
- Understand which events are recurring & what support they need
- Learn the building management system for repairs & requests.
- Participate in the Fire Safety/Emergency Action Plan team.
Within your first three months, you will:
- Bring new ideas to make guests feel more welcomed to our space.
- Know the executive assistants & which departments they manage.
- Understand the sense of urgency in responding to requests.
- Know how to redirect people when they have about non-facilities related requests
You are great for this role, because:
- You have 2-5 years of experience years of administrative experience
- You have strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with a variety of individuals within & outside of the firm
- You are a proactive self-starter who can anticipate needs
- You have the ability to prioritize; excellent time management skills
- You are proficient with MS Office & Google Suite products
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer