Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will support & design the activities of the Commercial Analytics team, ensuring commercial teams & business partners receive relevant data-driven analytics & insights to support short & long-term business planning & strategies.
The following duties outline but do not limit the regular position requirements which are subject to change from time to time at the discretion of the company.
Business, Strategy & Tactical Responsibilities:
- Partner with commercial organization key stakeholders across Commercial teams to maintain deep understanding of business activities & priorities to define & continually evolve analytic requirements;
- Collaborate with peers across other analytic teams to build consistent processes & ensure alignment with overall strategy of the analytics function across the Commercial Analytics Team;
- Direct the preparation of advanced analytics & data-driven insights derived from financial & exchange data to the Commercial teams;
- Review & refine as required interpreted data sets & recommendations for optimization of publisher revenue & demand partner spend prepared by Analysts & roll up into consolidated reports as required;
- Build & maintain strong internal relationships, while solving the resolution of complex problems & delivering simple solutions;
- Educate SLT stakeholders & clients on industry & business trends to align commercial efforts & maximize revenue;
- Maintain & develop ongoing budgeting, forecasting, & revenue targets for Commercial teams to conduct performance appraisal & continuous resource allocation,
- Support the creation & design of ROI, cost of acquisition, & profit model standards to guide Sales & Marketing strategy;
- Oversees & executes on driving quality control & standardization throughout the Commercial Analytics team establishing goals in partnership with peers.
- Manage & develop team to deliver & support the business
- Creating an inspiring a positive team environment, culture, communication & collaboration
- Demonstrate personally & promote others to exhibit the IX Core Values;
- Establishes, articulates & monitors team goals, performance & development aligned to business strategies & individual career goals of team resources;
- Ensures consistent administration of company programs, policies & associated tasks; and
- Delegation of tasks & set deadlines within team.
The following skills & experience are requirements for success in the role.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics or a similar quantitative discipline combined with a minimum of 5 years of experience performing the responsibilities outlined above, or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Strong oral & written English communication skills, proficiency in other languages including French, German, Spanish and/or Italian would be an asset;
- Superior attention to detail including the ability to review the work of team members;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint, experience with Tableau & similar tools is considered an asset;
- Strong analytical mind & a keen interest in conducting research, interpreting data & translating to insights for various audiences;
- Advanced working knowledge of digital advertising industry, participants, technologies & advertising ecosystems (e.g. Ad server, Ad network, Exchange, SSP, DSP, agency trading desk);
- Ability to multitask while directing others to meet the demands of a dynamic & fast-paced environment;
- Comfort with ambiguity & a self-starter with an aptitude for defining & directing new processes;
- Ability to directly, & to direct others, to find & apply syndicated & internal data & research to uncover opportunities;
- Natural ability to articulate, present & tell a compelling story using data & data-driven insights as a foundation;
- A tendency toward evidenced based decision making; and
- Capable of productively working independently, collaborating with, contributing to & leading teams.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems, make decisions quickly & thoughtfully & communicate clearly;
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to negotiate, mediate, influence, coach, manage time effectively & handle both internal & external conflicts;
- Ability to build consensus & relationships among executives, partners, & team members;
- Understanding of people & talent management; and
- Ability to inspire confidence & create trust.
This position will require global travel on a frequent to infrequent basis based on business requirements.
This position will provide analytics that will influence financial decisions & planning, monitor & approve department expenses & provide input towards department budgets & will make recommendations for salaries & headcount requirements.