Ripple is growing & were looking for someone with strong analytical skills to join our Institutional Markets team.
A strong candidate will have profound experience in electronic trading in traditional and/or crypto markets & understands liquidity dynamics (order books, market-microstructure, liquidity provision, etc.). Most importantly, the candidates attitude, willingness & ability to learn will be prioritized.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, & financial markets; & will have some relevant, analytical professional experience involving one or multiple of these fields, as well as a history of educational & professional success. Well qualified applicants should have some experience in doing quantitative & qualitative analysis & leveraging that analysis into building data-driven presentations & dashboards. Building successful relationships, both internally & externally, is an important skill set that will also be required to succeed in this role. Proficiency in Excel is valued, & a statistical programming stack such as Python/NumPy/Pandas would be a plus.
This role will support & work closely with a team of financial professionals on the Institutional Markets team, responsible for managing & expanding XRP liquidity & utility. Ripples vision of an Internet of Value requires digital asset efficiency as well as a healthy crypto market, & robust liquidity is a core component of making that vision a reality. Were looking for a problem-solver & adaptable professional who is looking for a high-impact role within a rapidly growing company at the intersection of finance & technology in one of the most cutting edge industries.
- Support Ripples ability to understand the XRP trading markets in order to manage our digital assets & our products that leverage digital assets
- Build robust analytics & craft clear, data-driven visualizations & presentations to help with market performance assessments for a variety of audiences, including Ripples external partners, customers, & our own senior leadership
- Learn about the digital asset markets, helping the team compose deep analysis of those markets to inform the companys strategy & decision-making
- Assist the team with developing & managing relationships with market makers, brokers, exchanges, & other institutional market participants with a focus on the APAC region
- Support the community to develop crypto & traditional market infrastructure for XRP
- Collaborate with internal teams - product, engineering, business development, leadership - to assist the Institutional Markets team in supporting the broader companys efforts
- 8+ years experience in markets, finance, management consulting, or technology
- 8+ years educational/professional experience in Excel. Also, Python/NumPy/Pandas or similar technology stacks is a plus (but not required)
- Strong experience in trading markets: traditional, crypto or both
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Passion for fintech, markets, & Ripples vision of the Internet of Value
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Attention to detail & a commitment to excellence
- Experience with cloud computing & storage is a plus, preferably GCS (but not required)
- BS/BA in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or another analytic discipline
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact
- Competitive salary & equity
- Medical & vision with 100% employer contributions for employees & dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Weekly company-wide meeting - ask anything you may want to know
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple enables payments everywhere, every way, for everyone using the power of blockchain & crypto. By joining Ripples growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably & cost-effectively. Banks & payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs & access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, Washington D.C., New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Reykjavik & Dubai, Ripple has hundreds of customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.