At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring for its Regulatory Compliance Team. If you want to help Lyft change the transportation industry & enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems, this team is for you! As a Regulatory Compliance Specialist, you will help keep Lyfts background check processes running smoothly & efficiently. You will work closely with the rest of the Compliance team to implement processes that will optimize driver screening. You should be a self-starter but able to take direction easily & with a good attitude.
- Review driver background checks to determine whether they comply with local regulations & Lyfts own safety policies
- Review state & local regulations related to Transportation Network Companies & criminal law
- Liaise with other teams within the company & external parties regarding background checks
- Assist Compliance & Legal team members with issues related to background checks
- Become an internal subject matter expert on driver background checks & Lyfts policies to assist with escalated support cases
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Exceptionally organized, efficient & articulate
- Proficiency working in a Mac environment, & specifically with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.), Excel, Outlook & Word
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.