At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks.Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
Account Executives (AE), Business Development Representatives (BDR), Solution Engineers (SE), & Customer Success (CS) - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare & create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community. Austin, TX is an important growth hub for Cloudflare. We are looking for a Head of Austin Sales to help us build our customer facing presence to accelerate growth. The Austin Sales Leader will be responsible for driving Cloudflare's revenue in a matrix reporting structure, but will be the heart & soul of the Austin Sales office empowering all the local teams (AE, BD, SE, CSM).
What youll do
Were looking for someone who has extensive sales & management experience who can help to scale this team & at the same time preserve our collaborative culture. Over the next year our team will rapidly scale & that will bring with it new challenges including helping to develop a growing team of extraordinary managers.
- Drive sales growth through successful leadership, organizational planning, customer service, & outstanding execution of all regional go-to-market programs (sales, customer success, solutions engineering, business development, & field marketing).
- The Head of Austin Sales will carry the quota of all the quota carrying members of the Austin office. This role will be matrix managed. Collaboration, Consensus building & leadership by example are key requirements for this position.
- Grow & build the Austin team (Trusted Experts) & drive the local hiring needs for Austin by working with global functional leadership & recruiting resources, Ensure we have proper leadership development-succession planning in place across all teams.
- Design, build & execute GTM strategies for Austin in collaboration with regional & global functional leaders.
- Interject as the single point of contact for all Austin sales operational concerns, ensuring proper & timely escalation & resolution.
- Outstanding leadership - inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead teams, develop talent & effect change. Willing & able to be a doer & influencer.
- Drive business cadence for forecast calls, functional review meetings, deal review, customer account reviews, weekly team meetings & periodic company-wide kick offs.
- Drive accurate forecasting & excellent Salesforce hygiene in collaboration with SaleOps.
- Grow & accelerate the sales funnel by developing a data-driven, outbound selling approach within our ICP in collaboration with functional leadership.
Examples of desired skills, knowledge & qualifications
- Minimum 10 years sales leadership experience preferably in the technology industry with Software, Security, Networking or Cloud/SaaS experience.
- Experience building a successful customer facing organization at scale with an agile start-up mentality.
- Experience is developing & mentoring a team to help them overachieve by building sales processes & systems for career growth.
- Knowledge navigating & working with large Enterprise IT organizations working with CISOs.
- Seasoned sales professional with a strong track record of managing & closing deals, a manager who can lead from the front.
- Good understanding of Cloud environments & market trends with a passion for learning & enabling team members.
- Authentic & transparent individual who acts with integrity with all constituents (employees, customers, partners, etc.).
- Embodies the leader of a sales & engineering culture that is truly customer-centric yet highly achievement focused.
- Has excelled & worked for market leaders in either Software, Networking, Security, Cloud/SaaS, or CDN vendors / providers.
- Bachelors degree or higher required.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.