As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role is the Manager- Debit reporting to Head of Consumer Products, India & South Asia, who will implement the debit product strategy for India in an effort to grow the key performance indicators of cards, payments volume, total volume, market share, PCE penetration, international usage, & net revenue targets. A primary focus is to engage with large local financial institutions to develop & implement agreed product initiatives. The product manager will be responsible for monitoring portfolio performance & recommend measures to accelerate portfolio growth, working with Visa internal stakeholders, client financial institutions & vendors. This person would also be responsible for support with new issuers that are looking to launch debit products & the local support sales team in their business development efforts..
- Grow Visa's market leadership on Debit in India by supporting the growth of key clients. Achieve client specific product & volume targets as per budgeted targets
- Develop an annual operating plan of market initiatives in partnership with the large clients to improve their portfolio performance & maximize the impact of Visa's Debit & marketing investments each year.
- Develop a robust premium product proposition through product requirements & platforms
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insights, product support from the initial pitch to their public launch & in the ongoing development of the business
- Deliver consumer insights through research & analytics for issuers to incorporate in their payment strategies
- Demonstrate product lifecycle management principles, go-to-market' strategies for new products & propositions
- Utilize industry Debit consumer trends & customer knowledge to build preference for Visa Debit
- Facilitate launch & adoption of new products with cross functional partners to ensure that Debit considerations, programs & product pilots/ developments are top of mind
- Manage Opex initiatives & budgets & have complete accountability for delivery & expense
- Develop key client strategy & roadmap for growth, work with client organizations & internal teams to ensure execution & delivery of key growth targets.
- Partner with key business stakeholders within Visa to create programs that contribute competitive advantage & revenue growth to deliver the products revenue plan for India.
- Develop strong cross-functional collaboration with other Visa groups including product, marketing, sales, operations, information services, research, in India & internationally, to provide continual value to clients
- Negotiate on behalf of Visa with merchants & Issuers; contracts related to partnerships, alliances, Promotions, Marketing Actions, Product Launches
Key Performance indicators
- Financial performance indicators for Debit products in India, consisting of gross revenue targets, Opex budget & ISA revenue targets
- Business metric performance for Debit products in India, consisting of cards-in-force, payments volume, international volumes, processed transactions & market share
- Launch of initiatives on time, within budget in collaboration with multiple stakeholders in Visa.
- Country manager, country office & regional office peer feedback related to the development & implementation of strategies & programs for the Debit products business in India
- Accuracy in managing expense forecasting
- Tracking of competition activities & providing successful counters
Decision Making Capabilities
- Execute initiatives required in India to meet key result areas
- Recommend to key stakeholders the necessary structure, guidelines & remedial action for initiatives in an effort to meet targets
- Recommend to key stakeholders product development, platform enhancements & usage initiatives
- Manage budgeted activities within designated time limits
- Manage ongoing client support activities in respect of Debit products
- Develop & manage service level agreements with vendor
- Ensure compliance to Visa Inc policies & guidelines in relations to all consumer Debit products process
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in business administration
- 5+ years of work experience. Retail Banking, Cards or Consumer Financial Services experience preferred. Experience in service industries such as telecom, retail & ecommerce will be an advantage. Sound knowledge of the payment cards industry preferred. Understanding of digital trends & new age payment solutions is important
- Should have handled a senior responsibility in product management with P&L/ revenue responsibility. Should have a very sharp understanding of consumer behavior, product operations, business processes & revenue impact
- Experience in sales & marketing is preferable
- Good understanding of Visa Products & services is a plus
Business & Technical Skills
- Good client engagement & communication skills. Should be comfortable interacting with & presenting to senior management of clients, Visa & merchant partners.
- High level of personal integrity, loyalty & ability to keep confidential information in secret is required as the candidate will have access to sensitive & confidential client information
- Excellent analytical skills, strong business acumen & project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal & presentation skills, coupled with demonstrated negotiation & business development skills as the candidate requires to interact with senior professionals in financial institutions, Visa & alliance partners
- Strong appreciation of technology & trends to be able to demonstrate thought leadership
- Self-motivated, results driven, flexible, customer focused. Should be a strong team-player
- Ability & experience of work in a multi-cultural, matrix environment is required