Squarespace is a design-centric company dedicated to empowering people to succeed with their creative ideas. We're looking for a thoughtful UX Content Strategist to take ownership of UX content across all of our Commerce teams. You feel at home within a design team, you're a strong writer & communicator, & you have a demonstrable understanding of information architecture, taxonomy, & conceptual hierarchy.
You'll be involved throughout the process alongside product designers, product managers, engineers, & more. You'll help develop, communicate, & implement our UX Content Standards. This is the perfect role for someone passionate about UX design & experienced in crafting content.
You will report to the UX Content Strategy Manager at our New York office.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
- Write & maintain UX copy across all Squarespace products
- Work with product designers & other team members on wireframes & iterative click-through prototypes
- Create UX copy strings to other team members
- Propose information architecture solutions that improve way-finding & discoverability
- Build rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Partner with technical, brand, & marketing writers to connect in-app messaging with our overall voice
- Understand the capabilities & technical constraints of the systems with which you'll work on
- Advocate for content in product design beyond the written word
- Ask probing questions to & give/receive feedback in an iterative environment
- 4+ years of experience writing UX copy
- Deep awareness of UX & how content & design work together
- Passionate about consistency & details
- Thorough, demonstrated understanding of information architecture & how to structure content within navigations, user flows, & pages
- Ask probing questions to give & receive feedback in an iterative environment
- Excellent sounding board; comfortable pointing out when a design or experience could be better
- Comfort in pointing out when a design concept could be better & strategizing solutions
- Experience preparing source language for localization
- Experience using tools like Sketch, Figma, or similar
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your experience in the design process, writing different types of UX copy, & solving user problems through content.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.