Omada Health is on a mission to inspire & engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. As a software engineer on the member growth team, you will craft the initial experience that a member will go through, develop the tools necessary to perform effective outreach & communications, & build new flows that will allow us to onboard more covered lives. If you are enthusiastic about helping people discover & learn about programs that could help them manage their chronic conditions, then we should definitely have a chat.
Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Great software is the key to providing effective care at scale. As a software engineer at Omada, you will be a part of delivering customized care plans tailored to each member, collecting & visualizing data from numerous biometric devices, verifying program eligibility with insurance providers, enabling powerful insights through machine learning & much much more. If youre ready to guide technical decision-making & work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this is the job for you.
Our core engineering practices are centered around empathy & sustainability. We work together using pair programming, test-driven development, & constant collaboration. We empower all engineers to design, build, & maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth. We value constant learning, teaching & recognize diversity of backgrounds, opinions & experiences are crucial to our success.
You work with empathy for your coworkers, stakeholders & users. You are excited to work cross-functionally with a variety of people & ideas. You work directly with stakeholders to design solutions & drive the technical decisions for delivery. You are motivated to learn new technologies & ready to drive technical work. You care about writing quality software & recognize that there are often many right answers. You are excited about the challenge of learning new technologies & context. You are enthusiastic about providing the best possible care for our members.
How you can make an impact:
- Build, launch & maintain features & applications to help positively impact health outcomes & happiness of our members.
- Create & maintain tools that empower our care team & support our operations.
- Solve & own technical problems over a wide array of systems, processes & technologies. Partner with cross functional stakeholders to solve problems across the full product lifecycle.
- Work in an agile, test-driven, pair programming, continuous delivery environment.
- Mentor & learn from teammates. Train & collaborate with newer developers in how to write great code & solve problems effectively
- Research, adopt & advocate for new technologies
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years of experience building high quality production web applications in a team setting
- Deep experience with one or more MVC web application frameworksthink Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix, etc. Rails experience is a big plus
- Experience building scalable APIs. GraphQL experience is a plus
- Proficiency with a front-end framework like React, Vue, or Angular. All of us work up & down the stack, from styling to deployment
- Deep experience working with relational databases & modeling data
- Experience designing, developing, & managing microservices
- Experience with event-driven architecture
- Strong OO design skills & an understanding of design patterns
- Strong technical responsibility over the products you work on & the codebases you maintain
- Ability to work across multiple teams & comfortably navigate unfamiliar systems
- Ability to mentor & teach other engineers of the team & organization
- Empathy, a mindful collaborative spirit, & the ability to work effectively with a team
- Advocate for test-driven development, pairing, incremental refactoring & sustainable practices
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, & a desire to influence the products being built
Technologies we use:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, & connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, & vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, & health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, & depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, & curriculums tailored to an individuals specific conditions & circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 450,000 participants across all 50 states. Omadas partners include major employers across the country, including Costco & Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna & Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, & ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated & leveraged to inform better design & business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.