JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Location: Toronto, Ontario
What Youll Do
- Collect: Youll be leading efforts to collect data from 3rd party data sources & advocating for proper data structure for downstream analysis
- Preprocess: Were ingesting data from a lot of sources, some are well structured, others not so much. Youll help clean some of our datasets for use in analytics constructs. Over time youll develop processes for wrangling data to make it as automated as possible
- Build: Youll build dashboards/reports for stakeholders to help guide their decision making.This could range from operational reports for our distributors to sales performance dashboards for our territory sales managers.
- Clarify: Data is often nuanced. As you start sharing reports & dashboard youll become the subject matter expert of that data & be able to explain it to non-technical stakeholders
- Share: As someone whos exposed to a variety of data, youll have some unique insights. Youll be able to form narratives that make us all more data driven.
What Wed Like to See
- Analytics: You know how to take a dirty/unstructured dataset & turn it into an impactful report. Youre well versed in data munging techniques & have a solid mastery of Excel with working knowledge of SQL & MPP databases
- Systems: You know the difference between a CRM & an ERP. Were looking for someone who can dive into systems like Salesforce & Accumatica to surface insights for our market. Experience with Salesforce is a huge plus
- Operations: A big part of this role will be building out processes to better collect & analyze data. This means youll be working with sales associates as well as technical personal. You should have a track record of managing large scale projects as well as supporting day-to-day sales operations
- Communications: An excellent communicator with technical & non-technical stakeholders. In addition to the GM & the internal sales team, you will work cross functionally with various departments to help build tools & processes.
- Sales Mindset: Understand how a P&L management works. Grasp the drivers of successful sales management.
- Adaptability: Anticipate & answer discrete & ambiguous questions about a new business with numbers.
- Curiosity: Youre inherently motivated to dig deeper into business problems
Personal & Professional Qualifications:
- 1-3 year(s) experience in an analytics/data management or systems analyst role
- A passion for data & information
- Experienced with technical excel modeling
- Self-motivated & ability to work independently while developing new processes & procedures for a new business unit
- Experience in data visualization, dashboarding, & analytical report building
- Proven critical thinking & analytical problem-solving skills
- Ownership mentality - you get things done & deliver high quality output without having to be told what to do
- Strong track record of delivering outcomes in high-pressure, fast-paced environments
- Bachelors degree or higher from a top university in a quantitative field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Location. Toronto, Ontario
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, iOS, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles, New York, NY, NYC, New York City, Data, Data Science, Data Engineering, Analytics Engineering, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Python, DBT, Pandas, BigQuery, Snowflake, Fivetran, Looker, Mode, Tableau