IT Systems Engineer
Location: Williamsburg Brooklyn NYC
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining & supporting the tools that keep VICEs fleet of servers, systems & end-user technology running smoothly & aligned with the goals of the company. This person must have a strong background in enterprise information technology systems management, including Windows server administration, virtualization, macOS, application packaging, networking, & scripting. Integrating & supporting these functions in the enterprise will be the primary role of this position. They are a Level III/IV resource in a tiered service desk hierarchy, testing & implementing IT infrastructure & IT infrastructure changes, as well as supporting personnel across the enterprise to perform critical business functions.
- Manage & maintain the company's fleet of on-premise & cloud device & directory management solutions, & making improvements for future needs.
- Test & deploy software to endpoint technology.
- Implement policy changes, security & otherwise, on servers & endpoint technology.
- Help define, document, & support IT systems globally, accounting for local needs at regional offices.
- Ensure standards are maintained, problems are addressed, issues are understood, & future states anticipated.
- Recognize areas for improvement, & work to realize those improvements.
- Document the tools & systems built & maintained; assemble technical architecture documentation, service desk support documentation, & end-user training documentation.
- Update all assigned tickets, capturing troubleshooting activities, resolving escalations from the support team.
- Point person for discovery & ownership of Apple & related product issues
- Tier III/IV support for all local service desks
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong background in VMWare (certification preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory & its integration with other services.
- Comprehensive technical troubleshooting experience in an enterprise environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Jamf Pro & related technologies (certification preferred).
- Experience with an enterprise identity management system such as Okta.
- Working knowledge of Bash, Python, and/or other scripting languages.
- Investigative skills, with a structured approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills.
- Bachelors degree in systems engineering or related discipline; or 5+ years related work experience.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
VICE offers a comprehensive benefits & compensation package that is commensurate with experience & abilities.VICE editorial staff is represented by the Writers Guild of America East, a labor union representing writers in motion pictures, television, cable, digital media & broadcast news.
VICE editorial staff is represented by the Writers Guild of America East, a labor union representing writers in motion pictures, television, cable, digital media & broadcast news.