Based in London & working in the DevOps team, youll be helping us build our CI/CD platform (and all tertiary services) used by the global Engineering departments.
The work is varied; from helping development teams deliver features reliably, to designing & implementing new DevOps tools & techniques, our team is proactive & always involved.
We are a fast moving team operating in a growing Fintech company, supporting engineers on three continents. We are growing 50% year on year & this is continuing at pace.
We use a modern DevOps tech stack Jenkins, K8s, Spinnaker, GitHub, Python, Terraform & GitOps & Agile working practices to get the job done.
- Use code to solve problems. Configuration, infrastructure, tooling, & automation, everything must be solved by writing code.
- Helping design processes.Youll be working closely with feature teams to assist with the release of new products, as such there is plenty of scope to design processes that fit in with the overall direction but allow teams to deliver code to production reliably & at pace.
- Helping design architecture. As well as owning the delivery of applications you will also play a part in designing the architecture, how it interacts with dependencies from a logical & infrastructure viewpoint.
- Growing together.Youll review others' work & happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase & sharpen each other's skills.
What we are looking for:
- A skilled Engineer.At least 2 years in either a DevOps or Developer role with a keen interest in solving problems using code.
- Understand CI/CD & DevOps methodologies.You understand the build & deployment cycle of an application & how it fits in to a global platform.
- Containerisation.You have a good understanding of Docker & Kubernetes & how you can leverage these tools to ensure there is zero downtime.
- Holistic view on application delivery. You understand the use of many systems, APM, monitoring, logging, alerting, scaling to build a robust platform for applications to respond to the varying demands from both external sources (traffic) & internal sources (feature team delivery) in a safe & controlled manner.
- Happy in the Clouds.Our Cloud Native platform is hosted in AWS & Azure. Youll be comfortable working with a system that supports users from around the world, at scale.
- Bias for action.You see a problem, you fix a problem.You get buy in for your solutionsand keep ticketsmoving. Were always looking for ways to ship at pace.
- Growth mindset.A willingness to use your skills & experience to mentor less-experienced engineers. A desire to learn from others & make yourself better every day.
- Agile outlook.You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks & processes change, we evolve & take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution.
Who we are:
Were changing the way people send money abroad. Were taking something complicated & making it simple. Our people & our technology work together to create faster, easier & lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 150 countries around the world & have over 3 million happy customers a number thats growing every day. After all, 120,000 5reviews cant be wrong!
We believe in helping our customers hard work go further. Weve helped millions of children to go to school, helped thousands of people to receive medical treatment and, every week, we help tens of thousands of people to pay their bills. But most importantly, we do it all with the creativity, imagination & colourful spirit of our customers.
The work were doing is making a splash in the fintech industry too. Accel Partners & Technology Crossover Ventures have invested $140 million in us & as early backers of the likes of Facebook, Spotify & Netflix, we know were in good company! Not only that, but were also a member ofTechCityUKs prestigiousFutureFifty.
Changing the world isnt easy, but were hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems & have the drive to make things happen, you might just be what were looking for.