Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Pro Success Team
Our Success Team's mission is to drive revenue growth & the retention of our best & highest potential pros across our marketplace. Consisting of about 40 people, the team is part of a larger department focused on engagement marketing, community & loyalty, & digital education. It also works closely with our Sales, Product, & Analytics teams About the Role
About the Role
The Head of Success oversees all Pro Success Initiatives. Leadership responsibility includes overseeing the teams responsible for building strong, valuable relationships with Thumbtacks best professionals to the completion & onboarding of new pro which drives product comprehension, pro retention, & generates a much higher ROI for the pro.Your job will be to identify improvement areas in our current operation, articulate a vision, develop the road-map & lead the implementation of best-in-class success practices Youll also join & represent the Success team within a broader leadership team, aligning nurture & loyalty marketing, product marketing, community, & content & education. Ultimately, the Head of Success works with team managers to track & improve overall performance & help teams achieve their goals of activation, retention, up-sell, cross-sell, product adoption, & satisfaction.
- Lead development of success processes. Identify efficiency opportunities, develop long-term vision & road-map for the necessary infrastructure & tooling needed (including our CRM) to achieve industry leading productivity. Coordinate implementation through partnering with Engineering, Operations & Internal Tools teams
- Foster an engaged, healthy team culture, centered on client obsession, teamwork, & accountability
- With your leadership & strategic thinking, well define & track performance against metrics specific to the Customer Success Team, targeted to drive account engagement, retention, expansion, & team capacity/scalability.
- Work with peers on a broader leadership team to align Success, nurture & loyalty marketing, product marketing, community, & content & education
- Become the expert on the Thumbtack product & clearly articulate why every business professional needs the product as part of their business plan Build out a world-class Customer Success Team through thoughtful onboarding & continuous cultivation of your direct reports, priming the next leaders within the organization.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10+ years of relevant experience leading Success organizations
- Demonstrated successful leadership of a management team
- Experience with account relationships & growth management of large strategic clients & enterprises.
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally with ops, sales, marketing, & product.
- Possesses a strong management presence & leadership ability, with communication & interpersonal skills that inspire & motivate leaders & teams
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking, problem-solving, communication, delegation, planning & organization, & judgment
- Able to be flexible & agile in responding to evolving business priorities & dealing with ambiguity
- Experience in tech, marketplace, and/or top tier relevant consulting firm & working directly with local businesses & service professionals
- Youre a quick study & can incorporate industry/vertical-specific jargon in your communication with customers.
- Your verbal communication is exceptional: clear, on-point, & confident.
- You believe a critical measure of your success as a manager, is your ability to retain & contribute to the professional growth of your team.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.