At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare has over 150 PoPs around the world that consist of thousands of network devices. This fleet is managed by a sophisticated environment of software products, built around Salt, & supervised by the network operations team. We are one of the largest Salt adopters in the world, & your role will be to join forces in building systems for the whole network infrastructure as we continue scaling it. You will be part of the team that is building one of the largest reactive & self-healing global networks.
What youll do
- Maintain & build tools to ease the day-to-day operations of the Cloudflare Network.
- Improve our Saltstack network automation framework to bring new resilience capabilities.
- Define the requirements for our data collections such as Netflow & sFlow.
- Participate in on-call rotations with other engineers. We operate 24/7 across 4 offices.
- Engage with our vendors (Juniper, Cisco, Arista) to identify bugs, new features & long-term investments.
- Critical decision making - Our platform is unique & every action you will take will have an impact on a lot of products.
- Educating - You will be educating every single engineer in Cloudflare because knowledge sharing is crucial for success.
- Open Source - You will be contributing to the various tools that weve open sourced & get the community engaged.
- Proven experience using Python & Go.
- Extensive experience in network automation frameworks (Salt or Ansible)
- Proven knowledge of networking fundamentals & large scale CDN architecture. Experience with Anycast is desirable
- Demonstrated dedication & strong desire to learn & expand your skill set further.
- Linux system administration.
- Proven experience with system management tools, such as Salt.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created the Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Appy by 2nd May 2019