At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger & the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streetshow they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives & with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop & deploy tomorrows hardware & software solutions & thereby revolutionize transportation.
This is an opportunity to participate in the development of Lyft's autonomous vehicle systems. The Autonomous Vehicle Systems Engineering Team is responsible for all systems engineering & technical direction for autonomous vehicles. This team is responsible for the derivation of the technical definitions & requirements, system architecture, defining & executing verification & validation testing of autonomous vehicles & being the technical glue for the organization.
- Work cross-functionally with product, technical program management, software, sensors, mechanical, & electrical engineering to define sub-systems for autonomous vehicles
- Define & track systems requirements
- Define & execute systems verification & validation testing
- Define system & sub-system level architecture
- Perform trade studies on autonomous vehicle sensors & system components such as Lidar, Radar, Vision Systems, IMU, INS, GPS, etc...
- Lead cross-functional technical design reviews
- Support the functional safety processes
- Bachelors degree in one of the following fields: systems engineering, mechanical, electrical, computer engineering, aerospace engineering or related disciplines
- Demonstrated experience defining & executing verification & validation testing for complex systems
- Proven ability to operate effectively & autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high level direction
- Experience in the design, development & deployment of autonomous vehicles, automotive or related complex remote sensing/mapping systems
- Related experience in one of the following fields: sensors (camera, radar, lidar), controls, geo-localization (GPS & IMU), robotics, remote sensing, machine learning/artificial intelligence or on-edge compute
- Ability to influence, negotiate, & inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems & solutions at all levels from engineer to C-level executives
- Experience developing complex systems combining remote sensing technology, Artificial Intelligence, & Controls for a safety critical application
- Experience in requirement derivation, tracking & verification tests processes (V diagram) in automotive, robotics or aerospace applications
- Understanding of typical vehicle communication protocols/interfaces
- Experience in systems integration, vehicle testing, functional safety, & vehicle launch
- Software coding skills (matlab, python or C/C++)
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.