CLEAR's mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics - your face, eyes & fingerprint - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor's office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
We're defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC's Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused & customer-centric software development leader. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading our Biometrics Platform team in design, development, test, & deployment of these services. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing software, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, & a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, & flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
Do you geek out on performance tuning, scaling a microservices backend system, learning or further enhancing your biometrics technology knowledge? Looking for a technology driven passionate leader that wants to help take our core biometrics platform to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Make technology improvements for scalability to power sub-second verifications in biometrics across a large user base.
- Set up our biometric platform for better resiliency & operational excellence.
- Evaluate & implement new biometric technologies for use in our platform.
- Partner with product across agile delivery & product strategy to take our biometrics platform to the next level & beyond.
- Lead a time of engineers who are building cloud native applications hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
- Hire & continually support the development of your team. We value intellectual curiosity, autonomy, & ownership & you will encourage, empower, & support your team's continued growth.
Who You Are
- Experience with biometrics is a nice to have but not necessary
- 8+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture & design
- 3+ years of experience leading & managing cross-functional teams to deliver products & projects on tight deadlines
- Drive Operational Excellence of a consumer facing software solution
- Understand OO design & knowledge of relevant modern design patterns
- Able to build, manage, & work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals
- Up to date with technology trends & experience in building cloud native is a plus