Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. We're revolutionizing the way businesses & governments know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets, & brands when every second counts.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices & raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us & help the world operate in real time.
Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips. At Dataminr, you'll be at the forefront of AI technology, helping organizations react to business-critical events around the globe.
Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll have the opportunity to create a unique & meaningful impact for your clients. Here's what you can expect:
- Competitive compensation structure including an uncapped commission plan & incentives to overachieve
- Ample time to ramp up before your full target kicks in
- A comprehensive sales training & methodology program to set you up for success
- Ongoing training & learning opportunities so you're always on top of the latest sales trends & best practices
- Exposure & access to sales leadership for guidance, mentorship, & learning opportunities
- A strong sales culture of individual goals within a tight-knit team environment
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated sales professional with experience owning & managing all aspects of the sales cycle. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas & establishing strong customer relationships. You're a master prospector, a thoughtful negotiator, a product subject matter expert, & a closing champion.
You understand how to position the value of breaking news events & critical information for our clients. You have a strong grasp of products & technology in the SaaS space, & you leverage this knowledge to successfully sell into a variety of client audiences.
- Manage the full sales cycle from effectively researching & developing leads, qualifying prospects, pitching the Dataminr product & closing new business in the Major Accounts (Mid Market) sector
- Develop & execute prospecting tactics to identify potential leads & drive new customer acquisition through a high volume of email & phone outreach
- Establish clear value proposition for Dataminr's product through customer conversations, company & product presentations, emails & proposals
- Engage in regular product training & ensure you remain highly informed on our products & their customer use cases; proactively seek to sharpen & maximize your product knowledge & sales skills
- Negotiate pricing, build pipelines & achieve quota within required time frame
- Provide regular & productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Ensure a strong, trusted relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process & during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in sales and/or business development in a fast-paced, competitive market
- At least 2 years of experience in a closing role with a successful track record in the Mid Market sector
- Strong prospecting experience involving a high volume of cold phone & email outreach
- Strong understanding of the open source & social media analysis efforts of corporate clients
- Active listening skills to discover clients' technical, business & timeline drivers
- Winning negotiation skills & proven track record of closing deals
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once with discipline while documenting them accurately
- Excellent presentation, written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM platform
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.