Pager delivers a doctor in your family healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors & other members of the care team together through text, voice & video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services & solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes & healthier lives.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong Platform/Site Reliability mindset to help manage members of our Backend chapter members, help bridge gaps between Backend & Platform, & improve the production health of our backend services. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader to work in a high velocity, high impact environment & cultivate a growing team of bright, passionate engineers. Were looking for compassionate leaders who believe in leadership through service, by example, & with empathy.
Our growing team is composed of over 40 engineers with diverse backgrounds in mobile, web, backend & machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft & share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes dedicated engineers located in our New York City HQ & around the world.
- 6+ years of real-world development experience
- 1+ year of managerial experience
- Hands on experience managing a team of 4+ engineers
- Eagerness to remain hands on in development (70% managerial - 30% coding)
- Expertise working with RESTful Architecture/Networking
- Strong ability to organize, coordinate, & launch software projects
- Ability to analyze & make decisions off metrics for our development efforts
- Understanding of intersection of engineering, product, & business development
- Familiarity with reiterative processes, following roadmaps & reducing technical debt
- Strategic, independent thinker & mentor
NICE TO HAVES
- Healthcare experience
- Application security expertise
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics, etc..
- Previous experience with hiring & building engineering teams
OUR TECH STACK
- Microservices architecture
- New Relic
- GCP (IAM, Monitoring, GKE, Google Cloud Console, etc.)
- CI/CD (We use Google Cloud Builder)
- Kubernetes (We use GKE)
- Kubernetes networking, service meshes, ingress & pod security policies
- Web application firewalls, CDN, & VPCs
- Security engineering (Threat Detection, WAF, DDoS Prevention, etc.)
- Native iOS
- Native Android
We strive for service oriented architecture (help us break the monolith!) & we try to adhere to open source development style/standards.
At Pager, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.