Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
The Financial Products team consists of mortgage capital markets, debt/financing products, as well as expansion into revenue generating strategic initiatives such as insurance. The team has perspective across all company functions & is deeply involved in strategic decision making.
Better is looking for an entrepreneurial & strategic thinker to help manage & drive key initiatives. The Senior Associate will work directly with the Head of Financial Products & be responsible for identifying, scoping & managing key initiatives for the Financial Products team & for the company. This is an opportunity to directly drive revenue growth in a high impact role on a lean team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being an entrepreneur: Use a full understanding of company business model & strategy, competitive landscape, & broad market opportunities to scope expansion opportunities & products
- Being a strategist: Prioritize strategic roadmap for financial products based on revenue impact & ROI - & then help drive execution.
- Examples of strategic initiatives on the roadmap for Q1 include loan eligibility expansion, 2nd liens / HELOCs, insurance products, & financing for consumers upgrading their homes
- Being a project manager: Collaborate cross-functionally with leaders across Better, including in operations, engineering, marketing, legal & finance
- Being a business representative: Drive initiatives & interface directly with leaders at banks, insurance companies, asset managers, hedge funds, potential partners, regulators, etc.
- Being a generalist: Work with head of the group to manage various strategic initiatives & ensure milestones & financial targets are being hit & projects are moving fast
- Analytical, strategic, objective & detail oriented self-starter comfortable in ambiguity & can help the company blaze new trails
- Strong communication, organization & time management skills
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot & solve problems
- Desire to learn quickly & deeply about new problems & opportunities
- Humility & accountability that translates into strong collaboration & teamwork
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Deep experience in financial modeling & persuasive presentation
Things We Value:
- Curiosity.Why? How? Repeat.
- Market Savvy.Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness.No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion.If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street.We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion.You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication.Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building.Doing. Making.Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.