WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2011 by Amy Jain & Daniella Yacobovsky Fiala, BaubleBar has quickly become an industry leader in the accessories space. Taking their motto of Embellish Every Day quite literally, the brand has consistently aimed & succeeded at ensuring every customer can express themselves with ease.
While the company got its start creating fashion jewelry, they knew that their cheerful & unique vision could go so much further. Since then, BaubleBars assortment has expanded to include fine jewelry, hair & tech accessories, as well as home dcor.
In addition, BaubleBar has launched major partnerships with some of the most recognizable brands in the world, including Disney, the NBA, & the NFL.
The brand is available on BaubleBar.com & in over 300 premier retailers globally, including Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, ULTA, Harvey Nichols, & Revolve. BaubleBars exclusive line at Target, SUGARFIX by BaubleBar, is found at every Target location across the U.S.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
BaubleBar is currently seeking a Product Development Assistant to join our team. You will be responsible for coordinating & maintaining the day-to-day development procedures for both current & new jewelry items, under the direction of the Product Development Manager. The Product Development Assistant works with the Product Development team to learn the entire product development process from initial design through prototype development & bulk production. As our PD Assistant you will have the opportunity to collaborate with merchandising, design, & sourcing as well as production, & communicate with our factories on a daily basis. This position requires close attention to styling, assortment, timing & pricing.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Assist with the product development for in-house jewelry & accessories product
- Act as the liaison between the design team & the vendors, facilitating the creation of sample prototypes
- Communicates design, material & details to vendors & ensure samples are ready for market meetings
- Collect & monitor the development & production schedules, ensuring individual & team calendar deadlines are met
- Support the Product Development Manager in the initial costing negotiation of jewelry including the preparation of estimated cost during line planning
- Assist in the creation of renderings, tech packs, & design modifications
- Update product history & costing details through various databases
- Support in weekly meetings with merchandising/design teams & assist in communicating the required actions with the vendor
- Be enthusiastic about expanding your skill set & working on a broad range of projects
- Stay knowledgeable about industry standards & trends
- Work onsite in our Manhattan office 5 days per week
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Bachelors Degree in fashion merchandising or related degree preferred
- 1-2 years of fashion product development experience
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- A strong ability to render creative ideas in Photoshop/Illustrator
- Highly organized with a tremendous attention to detail
- Level headed & proactive in problem solving.
- Ability to take initiative & ownership of all work, within a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of fashion
- Someone who truly LOVES creating amazing product at the right price, whose passion is evident in their work & who has a great sense of humor & outlook on life
- Documentation of fully vaccinated status for COVID-19