--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organisations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced HR Generalist who is driven, dedicated & well versed in all areas of HR in a high growth company. In this role, your main responsibility will be HR operations, personnel support, L&D support & driving the Dataminr culture. Reporting into the UK office, you'll align closely with the global HR team & partner with senior managers & leadership in Melbourne. For a temporary period as we work from home, you will also locally support the Workplace team on office management & logistics.
You're thoughtful, agile & highly organised. You hold yourself to a high bar in every aspect of your job, whether it's engaging with employees or balancing competing priorities. You're extremely detail-oriented - nothing falls through the cracks under your watch.
You're committed to creating the best possible employee experience. You can't wait to apply your skills at a hyper-growth, ever-changing, innovative tech company.
- Ownership of local HR employee touch points, training & programs, rolling out globally built initiatives locally & assessing specific local needs
- Manage all local HR operations & administration related to the employee life cycle, including onboarding, visa requirements, responding to employee assistant requests & keeping our employee HR platform updated
- Assist with benefits & perks administration & implementation for Melbourne, serving as point of contact for local vendors
- Roll out globally built trainings to local teams as a trainer/facilitator
- Identify local training opportunities & collaborate with our L&D department to build & lead training
- Own employee experience including ensuring a positive new hire orientation (including presenting information & welcome sessions) & assist with planning, supporting & executing global engagement initiatives & programmes locally
- Manage local personnel issues with the support of the Global HR team, including supporting managers during employee probation periods & assisting with development plans, having a good grasp of employment law to support correct process
- As needed, partner with the Global Talent Acquisition team to assist locally in recruitment activities, which could include interviewing & communicating with candidates, managing the in-person interview experience, & running local graduate recruitment events
Workplace (temporary duties to support the Workplace team during this work from home period)
- Assist with Workplace communications for Melbourne staff including team events (e.g. global contests, holiday celebrations, global employee engagement experiences, etc.)
- Assist with Workplace vendor communications such as catering, snacks, office supplies, shipping, events vendors, WeWork etc. during Melbourne business hours
- Partner with IT team for new hire onboarding & employee offboarding & exiting (coordinating pick up / drop off equipment delivery, company belongings, & personal belongings)
- Assist with return to work office planning & execution, & health & safety plans
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of HR generalist experience, preferably in startup or high-growth environments
- Superior organisational & time-management skills needed to effectively prioritise various responsibilities
- Ability to work with autonomy whilst successfully having high levels of communication to a manager based in the London office
- Excellent attention to detail & willingness to wear multiple hats across HR, Workplace/Office Management, & occasionally Recruitment
- Outgoing & self-motivated with a strong desire to collaborate across teams
- Strategic thinker with sound & thoughtful judgement & the ability to manage multiple projects & changing priorities in a fast paced work environment with frequent urgent deadlines
- Professional, friendly & enthusiastic demeanour
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental & vision
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- Daily lunch allowance & snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- WeWork Yoga
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy & applicable data protection laws. By providing your details & applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.