Away is looking for an innovative, thoughtful & highly experienced Director of Copy to join the Creative team. This person will be the creator & guardian of the Away voice & messaging strategy across all brand pillars, including our e-comm & retail experiences, owned & paid marketing channels, & all customer touchpoints. The ideal candidate will be highly conceptual with the ability to see the big picture, but also have a keen eye for execution & detail.
This role will report into the VP of Creative Strategy & be responsible for a team of copywriters.
What youll do:
- Spearhead & evolve the Away brand voice & messaging through a hands-on approach that inspires & advocates for creative excellence.
- Oversee strategy & execution for any/all materials requiring copy, including: brand marketing, advertising materials, social channels & community management, customer experience, physical & digital product, e-commerce, retail, & more.
- Grow, mentor, & lead a team of copywriters, building thoughtful processes & strategies that allow them to successfully execute across all channels & initiatives.
- Partner closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Brand Design, Art Direction, Production, & UX) as well as other key stakeholders throughout Away to ensure cross-functional integration & strategic implementation of the Away voice.
- Define the ever growing vision for the copy teamlooking at every project, no matter the size/scope, as an opportunity to innovate, delight, & bring the brand to life.
Who you are:
- 7-10 years experience at a creative agency or brand creative team.
- 3+ years experience in a Senior Manager or Director level role.
- Creator of a strong & dynamic portfolio that showcases a wide array of integrated experience with both above-the-line & below-the-line initiatives.
- Able to effectively partner with various key stakeholders & manage multiple projects at once.
- Excited by & thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, & entrepreneurial environment.
- Curious & resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems & seek new information.
- Accessible to all team members & eager to solicit feedback.
- Work with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Love to travel (but that's a given).
You'll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You'll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you're here for three years, you'll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We're not just employees. We're people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- We'll invest in your career. Our company's growing quickly, & we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs.
- We're creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so we're building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, we're building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We'll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.