The Business Operations & Strategy (BizOps) team works as an internal consulting group to be a business catalyst for BuzzFeed & enhance the companys ability to grow revenue & profitability at scale. The team provides data & insights that are endorsed & embraced by each business team & drives strategic business decisions. We are looking for a rockstar intern to join us & work cross-functionally across the advertising org to implement process efficiencies, organize training & development & enable cross-functional alignment & communication. This internship is a full-time, paid opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter who is comfortable with data & enjoys solving analytical problems. This candidate is also highly collaborative & able to work across different teams & parts of the business.
- Assist the Business Operations team with revenue forecasting & reporting used within the advertising organization; establishing high levels of quality, accuracy, & consistency
- Perform ad hoc revenue & sales analyses to gain deeper insights into the business
- Maintain the functional areas of data management, forecasting, contacts, leads, opportunities, dashboards & reports, & ensuring data integrity throughout our CRM system
- Establish effective analysis of sales trends & performance in an effort to identify greater efficiencies & better manage & understand process bottlenecks & inconsistencies throughout the entire sales lifecycle
- Identify process improvement opportunities across our business
- Project manage ongoing strategic initiatives to keep stakeholders & timelines in alignment
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4-year BA/BS program
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience working directly with Sales teams a plus
- Experience with sales cycles/tools including CRM & ERP
- Excellent analytical & critical thinking abilities
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated interest in Technology, Internet and/or Media/Advertising
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.