Zola is seeking a talentedProduct Designer to be the customer advocate & interpret customer needs into thoughtful design solutions for iOS, Android, & mobile web platforms. Product Designers at Zola are creative thinkers who effectively communicate their ideas & continuously collaborate with product managers, strategists, & engineers to continually innovate at various stages of product conceptualization & design strategy. The role is responsible for creating & overseeing detailed user experience design solutions, prototyping, feature lists, & testing ideas with real users, providing interaction & visual direction from definition to specification. Product Designers are measured on the success of their product.
- Apply design principles & user-centered design methodologies to create a great mobile experience for our couples & guests
- Define, create, & communicate the experience direction using appropriate tools to describe intent. This includes: sketches, workflows, wireframes, interaction specifications.
- Lead every stage of product design life cycle including research, ideation, low fidelity design iteration, high fidelity design iteration, animation, & engineering support throughout development.
- Collaborate with product management, marketers, merchandisers, customer service, & engineers to define features.
- Plan & execute research activities including tool & method selection, participant recruitment, conducting sessions, & findings synthesis.
- Create effective & thoughtful product solutions by considering site analytics, customer feedback, & research findings
- Design solutions that drive measurable business objectives
- Bring inspiring & creative ideas into an energetic & collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of native operating systems & mobile web design best practices
- 2+ years of strong visual & interaction design
- Proven experience & understanding of native mobile & mobile web design/development
- Clear understanding of usability, user-centered design, accessibility & web standards
- Demonstrates thoughtful & thorough approach to design process
- Highly proficient in design & prototyping tools such as Sketch & InVision
- A portfolio which demonstrates problem-solving in the various phases of user-centered design
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Design-related field
- Proficiency in animation tools such as Framer or Principle
- Relevant eCommerce experience
*Title & compensation based on experience*
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, & Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.