10 Week Paid Summer Internship - Start Date June 7th 2021 - Candidate must be located in the New York City or Los Angeles metropolitan area
What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio.
Were seeking an intern to join the Communications team in our New York or LA office.
The internship role on SoundClouds global communications team will provide administrative, creative & logistical support in developing & executing a broad range of team initiatives & company-wide projects related to media relations, corporate communications, public relations & social responsibility.
- Assist with organizational needs - maintaining press assets (e.g., press artwork, media coverage, press releases), activity trackers, & using PR-specific tools to capture coverage/general media buzz about SoundCloud
- Assist with drafting press releases, biographies & other written materials as needed
- Research pitch ideas & contribute to team brainstorms
- Administration of MuckRack (media database) to keep organized & updated as directed.
- Support social responsibility efforts, maintaining the grantee portfolio with updates on their activities.
- Researching key events & moments in culture, music, fashion, & art
- Support team Specialist in compiling daily press clips
- Researching journalists, influencers, & tastemakers outside of traditional outlets (on platforms such as TikTok, YouTube, Reddit, etc.)
- Strong organizational & interpersonal skills
- Strong, clear & concise writing skills
- Computer skills: Experience with Google Office Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledgeable & passionate about SoundCloud
- Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter with proven ability to take direction & work well in a busy working environment
- Strong understanding of social media & online trends
- Interest in working in music, entertainment/lifestyle, & technology
- Pursuing degree in PR/communications, media or journalism preferred
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.