At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business & product decisions. Were looking for a Data Analytics Manager to work alongside the Regulatory Compliance team. Youll be working in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the worlds best transportation.
You will lead & manage a team of technical Data Analysts in delivering a high-quality reporting & analytics product. You will be a hands-on manager working on creating a data analytics & reporting framework for the team, providing technical mentorship & advice to the team. You will dig into Lyft data platform to plan & design a compliance data framework, work with engineering & other cross functional partners to devise a solution for automation & a robust analytics framework & perform data driven proactive business analysis for the compliance team.
You must have a strong background in performing hands-on data analytics & reporting, think strategically, & be able to make challenging judgment calls. You will work with multiple cross-functional stakeholders & influence all aspects of how Lyft complies with regulatory data sharing requirements. You will be highly customer-focused, obsessed with data integrity & accuracy, with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. The Data Analytics Manager will also be a strong quality advocate with a good planning & optimization mindset. You will report directly to the Senior Manager - Compliance Analytics & Auditing.
- Recruit, train, develop & mentor a team of Data Analysts to deliver high-quality, innovative solutions for Compliance Reporting & Analytics.
- Hands-on role with overseeing the design & delivery of reports & insights that analyze business functions & key operations & performance metrics.
- Partner with cross functional teams including compliance, legal, product managers, scientists, engineers, finance & operations to design a robust analytics framework & reporting system.
- Analyze, identify, & prioritize key areas of risk & opportunity for regulatory compliance team
- Proactively define technical processes around data analysis & reporting functions to ensure accuracy & quality of delivery, to improve efficiency through optimization & to address any business issues, team performance & transparency.
- Build, develop & maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards & performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Lead internal & cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling & analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions & uncover optimization opportunities.
- Develop reusable Extract Transform Load (ETL) automation framework
- Develop complex PL/SQL & SQL scripts using Presto, Hive & SQL Developer tools as part of reporting & analytics framework
- Use Python to streamline large datasets, create & manage data structures
- Use deep experience of Tableau to create & maintain efficient Tableau dashboards
- Provide technical guidance to the team & develop data standards & reporting best practices
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS
- 3+ years of people leadership experience within Data Analytics team
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Data Analytics, Data Modelling & ETL
- 4+ years of working experience & proficiency in advanced SQL - able to write structured, complex & efficient queries on large data sets & create
- Proficiency in Python & Tableau to manipulate data sets
- Proficiency in advanced SQL, Presto, Hive, RDBMS, ETL & Data Modelling
- Experience using statistical method in advanced analytics
- Experience working with GSuite & Jira
- Project management experience working in both waterfall & agile methodology
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Proven ability to effectively manage high-visibility, concurrent & cross-functional aspects of initiatives under demanding deadlines
- Drive to provide accurate results as quickly as possible & continuously iterate
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.