The Who, What, Why And Where
Twilios Risk Platform team is looking for a curious & action-oriented analyst with a passion for protecting consumers from fraudulent communications. The ideal candidate is comfortable navigating complex problems, determining the right data to focus on & able to derive insights & recommendations based on data. This role interacts with stakeholders throughout the organization in helping inform product, risk, & operations strategy.
Twilio is looking for an outstanding, energetic, & curious Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 5+ years of professional experience performing quantitative analysis, building dashboards & reports, & working with business partners to convert ambiguous, messy data into tangible & actionable results that influence anti-fraud decisions in a fast paced industry.
- Ability to think strategically & initiate, refine, & complete projects with minimal guidance in an often ambiguous environment.
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills.
- Expert level experience working with SQL & relational data (5+ years on a regular basis). Experience with unstructured data is a plus.
- Extensive experience visualizing data for effective consumption by a variety of audiences. Strong Looker (LookML) skills preferred.
- Experience in data preparation processes such as data extraction, cleansing, mapping, loading & operationalizing workflows in production.
- Experience in telephony, email, messaging, social media, or other electronic communications is a plus.
- Experience in fraud / abuse prevention & investigation is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with data warehousing and/or ETL processes, & distributed computing (Hive/Presto) is a plus
- Experience in python (e.g. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn) or R for data manipulation & analysis, including predictive analytics, regression, hypothesis testing, & causal analysis is a plus.
As a Risk Analyst, you will be a thought partner with the product team, solving fraud-related problems & bringing impact by applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, technical systems, & leadership in analytics to enable & scale up analytics programs within the organization. Example responsibilities include:
- Work with product managers to inject data into decision making & planning to increase confidence in anti-fraud outcomes via defining KPI, designing & building reports, dashboards, & assisting with feature ideas for data science teams building predictive models.
- Work closely with the extended fraud operations team to identify current fraud trends, provide insights into fraud issue-priority from aggregated data & dashboards, & generally serve as a data-partner to operations teams.
- Communicate anti-fraud insights & recommendations to stakeholders at all levels via standardizing & maintaining metrics, models, datasets, & dashboards.
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Draw the Owl & Be Bold: Proactively find improvement areas, develop solutions, drive execution & deliver value.
- Wear the Customers Shoes: Be a true partner, understand real questions behind requests & solve the problem with the proper methods & superior execution..
- Be An owner & Write It Down: Own the data from tracking to anti-fraud & overall business impact. Document knowledge to enable other analysts. Develop & document processes to ensure transparency & compliance..
- Be Inclusive: Partner with business stakeholders & embedded analysts across disparate teams to help think through & plan the right solution for their problems.
- Empower Others: Help create a data-driven culture within Twilio by enabling the teams to be self-sufficient & rely on a single source of truth.