The Assistant General Counsel, International, reporting to Shutterstock's General Counsel, will have a broad range of responsibilities, with a primary focus on international corporate & regulatory matters, including global expansion, commercial contracts, & employment-related matters, while also serving Shutterstocks core licensing business as necessary. This candidate will work with business units throughout Shutterstock.
- Advise on international corporate, securities & employment-related matters & ensure compliance with foreign laws & regulations.
- Assist in global expansion efforts by helping to form new entities, understand legal & regulatory compliance landscape, navigate local employment issues, etc.
- Review & draft contracts related to commercial transactions, including vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements & independent contractor agreements. Identify & address risks associated with agreements & ensure compliance with applicable laws & regulations.
- Support international employment efforts by preparing employment contracts, assessing post-termination employment issues & evaluating immigration matters.
- Review, draft & negotiate licenses related to Shutterstocks core business.
- Conduct preliminary legal research on a broad range of topics across international jurisdictions.
- Liaise with & oversee outside counsel as necessary, particularly with respect to international tax, employment, immigration & regulatory matters.
- Track legal matters & transactions from inception to conclusion.
- 7+ years of international corporate transactional experience at a law firm or a corporate legal department; experience in e-commerce or technology sectors preferred but not required.
- Previous experience with international corporate, securities & regulatory matters, negotiating transactions, drafting & reviewing commercial contracts, & advising clients is required.
- Basic knowledge of international tax & employment laws; familiarity with trademark & copyright law a plus.
- Strong research, drafting, negotiating & interpersonal skills.
- Must be admitted to the bar or similar legal body in the United Kingdom .
- Must be highly detail-oriented & possess exceptional writing & organizational skills.
- Must be responsive & flexible to a variety of business needs, able to manage multiple priorities, & adapt quickly to change.
- High level of integrity & ability to maintain & protect confidential information.
- Proactive "can-do" approach- resourceful, ability to problem-solve & communicate with multiple departments.
- Must be a team player.
- Prior in-house experience & prior employment law experience a plus.
- Periodic international travel will be required.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 180 million images & more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
To see some of our featured Open Source projects go to: http://tech.shutterstock.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V