ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an opportunity to join the industrial design team for an industry-leading family of fitness products. You will be designing & organizing the graphical detail across our hardware categories. You will work closely with our talented team of designers, engineers, outside vendors, & key business stakeholders to develop new product graphics for our hardware portfolio that match quality & brand standards. This role will sit in the Industrial Design team & report to the Manager for CMF.
- Create next generation patterns & graphic directions for our hardware & accessory programs.
- Contribute to defining & advancing Pelotons product design language & visual brand identity.
- Assist members of the industrial design team through various phases of product development.
- Collaborate with other designers & engineers to troubleshoot technical issues throughout development & maintain design intent.
- Collaborate with the packaging & creative departments to develop a graphic language that stems from ID products developed.
- Create pre-production 2D drawings & spec documentation for handoff to engineering & outside vendors
- Review vendor samples & pre-production parts to ensure they meet product requirements & brand standards
- Help to build & maintain processes to scale the activities related to graphics..
- Switching between solo & collaborative working environments to meet scheduled milestones
- Inspire peers & adjacent teams through creative thinking, exploration, & problem solving
- Be a source of inspiration for our creative studio culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design or Graphic Design
- 3-5 years of experience in a design role in relation to hardware
- Adobe Illustrator, Premier, & Photoshop & Google Workspace (or equivalent)
- Experience with a remote vendor base
- Visual & verbal communication skills
- Fitness industry experience
- Inhouse Design Team experience.
- SolidWorks & Keyshot experience.
- Adobe Premiere
- Experience working with cross functional team such as ID, ME & EE
- Experience with Asia based vendors
**please include a link to your portfolio on your resume or else we will not be able to review you as a candidate**
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) & based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.