As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Lead Cybersecurity Engineer, Security Engineering Product Development to act as one of its key technology leaders to build & manage Visa's technology assets in the cybersecurity domain. The Security Engineering team is part of Visa's Cybersecurity organization. We are responsible for the engineering of the critical cybersecurity related controls used both internally at Visa & externally by Visa's customers & clients. This includes idea generation, design, product engineering & development, testing of products, applications, & services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, & mitigate cybersecurity related threats for Visa & Visa client payment systems. We also innovate & adopt new technologies from the industry especially from the open source community for our technical development.
This incumbentwill act as a trusted technical advisor & strategic thought leader to the Security Engineering product development group. The successful incumbent will be comfortable navigating challenges related to software engineering, artificial intelligence, cryptography, & other related fields necessary to build technologies to secure Visa's core infrastructure, assets, & services & be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant changes.There will beopportunitiesto lead, participate, guide, & mentor other people in the team on architecture & engineering in a hands-on manner. This position reports to Head of Security Engineering, Foster City & will be based in Foster City, CA.
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Provide Engineering leadership & vision for Visa's cybersecurity relatedproducts & services; assist with technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics which requires knowledge & experience on measuring a service from user experience angle.
- Develop & maintain engineering & product road-map for cybersecurity related products & services plus ensuring alignment with the business & cybersecurity architectures,strategies, TSRs, & applicable external standards.
- Develop, present & explain the value & vision of proposed solutions to a wide range of audience.
- Develop strategies to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies.
- Translates business concepts to technical terms.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals & align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, & cost.
- Define & drive technology standard & best practices in the cryptography & network securityareas.
- Oversee & sign off on key architecture artifacts in the group.
- Maintain broad technical & solution knowledge in software, infrastructure, security, & business architecture areas.
- Articulate technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Work on highly complex issues with broad technical or strategic implications for the organization.
- Collaborate with the Business Owners, other product development groups, & software vendors to identify & define solutions for complex business requirements.
- Drive internal proof of concept initiatives. When needed, quickly design & implement a prototype of a system or component with a proper architecture, & if approved, leada group of engineers to finish.
- Build relationships with key architects across technology organizations & collaborate on promoting architectural best practices across technology.
- Provide mentorship & help team growth especially on technical side.
- Think strategically: See patterns & relationships in information & events; clarify & simplify complex information; anticipate trends & possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think & act "ahead of the curve"; anticipate & effectively respond with urgency to immediate opportunities; executes plans vigorously & with flexibility; operate proactively; identify & address long-term opportunities.
- Payment industry experience
- Cybersecurity related software engineering experience
- Technical certifications like CISSP, SANS certifications
- Hands on experience working with functional programming languages like Haskell, Scala, Scheme, Rust, or Clojure
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.