About Open Road Integrated Media
Open Road Integrated Media is a unique digital media company, combining an iconic catalog of the greatest stories ever told with an unrivaled ability to reach & cultivate global audiences as a premier digital marketer for itself & other companies. Open Roads network of digital properties delivers compelling content that keeps audiences engaged & growingacross devices & around the world.
About the Position
The Open Road Acquisitions Editorial department is searching for a part-time intern for academic credit. This role will report to the Publishing Associate and will provide support to the Publisher & other Editors. This position is unpaid & for credit only! You must be eligible to receive academic credit.
- Provide research assistance on works for possible acquisition as well as on renewals & queries from authors & agents;
- Review metadata & descriptive copy; & assist in special projects; and
- Aid in the day-to-day work of maintaining a publishing house, including administrative responsibilities.
The Ideal candidate is:
- Interested in publishing (primarily ebooks), & particularly in bringing iconic backlist (previously published) titles to a new audience, as well as the editorial-to-production processes;
- Organized with a strong attention to detail;
- An effective communicator with strong verbal & written skills;
- Familiar with Microsoft Word & Excel, & Google drive;
- Able to work independently & multitask;
- Eligible to receive academic credit
Location: New York, NY
You will receive academic credits.