Squarespaces Customer Operations Data Engineering team is responsible for writing & maintaining pipelines that enhance customer services ability to effectively support Squarespace customers & better understand where users struggle with the product.
In this role, youll be part of a small team focused on implementation & working to improve data ingestion across tools that drive critical decisions by CustOps leadership, while working towards enabling more self-service data usage across the department.
- Build end-to-end data pipelines, consuming from a variety of sources
- Work with data consumers to identify self-service opportunities, & make sure they have access to the data they need to make decisions.
- Help guide the team towards data best practices, & mentor teammates.
- Contribute to a technical roadmap for the CustOps data program, & set priorities for work across the team
- Build & refine processes to make pipeline implementations faster, simpler, & less error-prone for product engineers
- Participate in architectural decisions across the organization, particularly with respect to the impact on data collection
- Set timeliness & correctness goals for our data pipelines, maintain sufficient monitoring & coverage to ensure that incidents & outages are mitigated appropriately
- Experience with end-to-end ETL work using Python & SQL
- Strong systems design knowledge; you know how to architect data pipelines & how storage & compute fits together
- Prior experience making large datasets accessible; familiarity with Hive, Presto & parquet is a plus
- Experience with compute frameworks & job orchestration systems
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform a plus
- 4+ years of industry experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.