What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team & Role
We are seeking a highly motivated quantitative market risk manager to join BlockFi's Enterprise Risk team. In this role, you will assess the market risk in portfolios of cryptocurrencies, generate & present reporting, & liaise with trading desks & senior risk management staff.
- Develop a thorough understanding of analytics & metrics used to measure market risk & liquidity risk in portfolios of cryptocurrencies & related derivatives
- Build spreadsheets & code (e.g. Python) to capture risk measurement logic in a repeatable framework, & continuously refine tools as needed
- Assist senior credit risk managers in evaluating portfolio construction & risk management techniques used by buy-side clients & counterparties
- Contribute to market risk modeling efforts or validation efforts as appropriate
- Develop intermediate expertise in data preparation & data science required to carry out the function
- Communicate with trading desks & senior risk management staff
- Produce ongoing market risk reporting & evaluate status of portfolios against defined limits
- Assist with risk identification, assessment, & quantification efforts as needed
- Aggregate metrics & findings & synthesize key themes for senior risk management
- Engineering or quantitative economics academic background. Expertise in statistical techniques, stochastic calculus & linear algebra. MFE/MSFE/MQF etc. preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in a market risk role supporting a capital markets business
- FRM or PRM certification preferred
- Exposure to fundamental market risk metrics such as VaR, stress testing & Greeks
- Outstanding critical reasoning & problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Ability to work both independently & in a team
- Ability to develop partnering relationships with trading desks while remaining willing to challenge if needed
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!