BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to join our team in New York. You will work on Facebook strategy for the Commerce Editorial Social Team, but have a hand in all social platforms. You will expand our strategy to cover other platforms even more, especially instagram, search & apple news.
This job is based in our New York City office, working Monday - Friday.
- Oversee Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram publishing, & push notifications like Apple News & the BuzzFeed App.
- Communicate & brainstorm with content creators & Shopping team to achieve goals and meet deadlines, analyzing & reporting on social performance, trends, & new opportunities.
- Engage with BuzzFeed community across platforms.
- Help maintain the cheery & collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude & obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending & talking about on the internet
- Produce ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, the App, Apple News & more
- This is job requires 1+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- Social media experience & data analysis skills
- An understanding of online customers buying behaviors
- Be a self-motivated person who isnt afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
- Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., & why content on those platforms became popular
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A great benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation & inclusion. At BuzzFeed, youll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools & content that helps connect people all over the world.