We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Finance at Vacasa
We think perfect spreadsheets & balanced books are beautiful. Our team embraces the crucial nature of our work & digs into the details to sleuth out correct data. We work on short & long-term forecasting & planning to predict & explain business performance. We make it happen & we grow--ourselves & our company.
What were looking for
We are looking for a Sr. Tax Accountant to support our Tax Team. For this candidate to be successful, they must have a strong understanding of tax, be highly self-motivated & directed, committed to solving problems efficiently, & interested in being part of an organization committed to continuous growth & improvement. This is a position that must be able to set the standard for integrity & professionalism, while interacting with a diverse team.
What youll do
- Maintain income tax accounts with various government agencies.
- Assist with indirect tax & international tax compliance & projects.
- Improve the efficiency of tax processes & controls through technology.
- Research tax concepts & apply to tax fillings.
- Gather tax return information for filings.
- Interact with varying government agencies to ensure tax accounts are in compliance.
- Review tax account reconciliations & support financial close.
- Review work & guide tax accountants.
- Other administrative tasks & projects as needed
Skills you'll need
- 4+ years of relevant tax experience
- Strong understanding of partnership & corporate income tax
- Ability to succeed in ambiguity
- Highly organized & thorough
- Deadline driven
- Strong attention to detail & problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel & Google apps for business
- Flexibility & responsiveness to change
- CPA & public accounting experience preferred
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work from home & resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MT, NC, NH, NM, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days & holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts and
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse & inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe & productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.