Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a SEC Reporting, Senior Accountant to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Were changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience thats intuitive & puts people, not cost or workflows, first. Were using a consumer-focused & tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in this space & creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We are seeking a SEC Reporting, Senior Accountant with a strong work ethic, outstanding communications & interpersonal skills, & a go getter attitude. We are a newly public company, & we are looking for someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves & apply their technical accounting & internal controls knowledge in order to help us build a world-class SEC Reporting function.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include:
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly/annual SEC filings (Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K), earnings releases & other communications/presentations;
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Corporate Accounting, Statutory Financial Reporting, FP&A, Investor Relations) to develop complete & accurate supporting documentation for our financial statements & other external communications;
- Help develop & implement standard internal controls processes & procedures & liaise with internal audit & external auditors on internal controls procedures;
- Provide ad hoc support in the building out of miscellaneous technical accounting functions, including but not limited to stock-based compensation, equity, cash flows, related parties & debt compliance;
- Provide technical support on the treatment of accounting issues & assist with the interpretation & implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Propose recommendations & continuous process improvement initiatives to financial reporting & internal controls process.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Accounting
- 3+ years public accounting experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm OR minimum 4 years of experience in an SEC Reporting role
- CPA certification or working towards
- Insurance industry experience is preferred but not required
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.