BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Purea leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arraysand in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 MedalliaNet Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX,in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts apremium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE
FlashBlade is the industrys first cloud-era flash, purpose-built for modern analytics & designed to drive tomorrows discoveries, insights & creations. FlashBlade is architected from the ground-up to deliver a powerful data platform thats fast, big, & simple.
Pure Storage is seeking a Systems Engineer to cover Federal customers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy & tactics & takes ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts.
- Build & deliver technical product & architecture presentations with vigor to customers & lock in the technical win with clients & prospective accounts.
- Take control of evaluations & benchmarks, system configurations, & system installations.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management & Technical Marketing in helping to define product requirements, usability & to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations) that support overall alliance plans & objectives.
- Delight customers & teammates with your technical leadership & domain expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, & competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS & SAN product spaces.
- Author responses to RFI & RFPs.
- Develop an exhaustive understanding of what drives a customers business & what motivates their decision making.
- Passionately bring to light the advantages of a Pure Storage solution.
- Capture requirements & translate Customers business needs into innovative solutions to accelerate their growth & capacity.
- Seek out & spur new opportunities for interoperability, functional, & performance testing/validation.
- Promote mutual roadmap & planning exchanges.
- Stay current with the competition & ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning.
- Move with market trends & competitive landscape to promote thought leadership within our organization.
What You Bring To The Team
- Pre-sales experience is required.
- 5-10 years minimum experience supporting the sales of applications, enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts & data centers.
- Experience working in or selling into High Performance Computing (HPC) environments (Genomics, AI, Machine Learning, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design & implementations of multi-tiered client/server & web-based computing solutions.
- Superior knowledge of current & emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives).
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems & UNIX distributed network environment.
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems.
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP & general networking.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Application knowledge is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of digital transformation to a Cloud Native architecture, On-Prem, Public Cloud, Provisioning Automation, & Containers.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.