WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is looking for a highly motivated engineering leader with a passion for building elegant, delightful, & scalable web+mobile applications for consumers. The individual's primary role will be to set architectural guidelines & lead a team of engineers that support our squads building The Knot Platform. The candidate will be embedded in an Agile environment & work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, & engineers across squads to provide the best in class web+mobile experiences for our users. The person must have a strong understanding of both front & back end development, highly adaptable to new technologies / software development concepts, & loves to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Set architectural guidelines, both software & infrastructure-related, for The Knot Platform
- Actively participate in the ideation & execution of engineering OKRs, roadmap strategy, architecture discussions, & Agile planning
- Promote best practices for engineering productivity, automated testing, continuous integration, code standards, & use of AWS
- Provide engineering mentorship across the team
SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR, PLATFORM ARCHITECTURE CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 10+ years overall software engineering experience
- In-depth experience using Ruby on Rails, React, Node, Elasticsearch, Postgres, & AWS
- In-depth experience working in an Agile, TDD environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
- Thrives in a collaborative work culture with teammates located in-office or remote, across multiple locations in US & abroad
- Experience with PHP, iOS, Android, & Mongo is a plus
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.