Who we are:
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL games, all major soccer leagues, & a wide range of college & other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, & entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, & Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMCand much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku & Chromecast.
*OUR HEADQUARTERS IS LOCATED IN NEW YORK CITY, BUT WE ARE OPEN TO REMOTE EMPLOYEES FOR THIS ROLE*
FuboTV is looking for a Streaming Support Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for monitoring & break/fix of Fubos managed video infrastructure. The Streaming Support Engineer may work in a shifted environment or on-call as needed to support FuboTVs customers 24x7.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making sure our acquisition & encoding infrastructure is always in a healthy state.
- Providing break/fix & analysis throughout our video workflow
- Working with internal/external teams to mitigate & resolve any issues related to video
- Perform routine maintenance
- Able to work in a shifted 24x7 operations environment
- Familiarity with different CDN vendors & their systems (e.g. Akamai, Level3, Fastly, etc.)
- Understanding of various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi
- Familiarity with enterprise MPEG Analysis tools, such as Tektronix, Ineoquest, Triveni, etc
- Experience with alternate content in ABR ecosystem (ESAM, ESNI, etc) Understanding of backbone video & distribution (Peering, Transport, POP sites, etc) Knowledge of monitoring protocols such as SNMP a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in maintaining & troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education & experience
- Provisioning, troubleshooting, operations & maintenance of systems, applications & equipment used in the next-gen video delivery ecosystem
- Monitor & manage cloud based & in-house encoding software & abr monitoring appliances
- Drive issues to resolution & provide root cause analysis if needed Work with multiple teams to launch new services on the FuboTV platform
- Enterprise video encoding operational experience using Elemental, Ateme, or similar encoders.
- Video troubleshooting experience preferably in an MVPD environment Understanding of HLS & HLS based server-side ad stitching products
- Certifications in AWS or GCP a plus
- 3+ years troubleshooting video workflows in an mvpd environment
- Knowledge of SRT or Zixi a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company