BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is seeking a goal-oriented & strategic individual to join our Communications team as a Senior Manager, Communications / Public Relations. This person will be responsible for building & executing PR strategies that drive increased awareness, advocacy, & preference for Pure Storage technology among key audiences. The ideal candidate will be creative in her or his approach to storytelling, with strong attention to detail, & excellent written, verbal & interpersonal communication skills. An understanding of the enterprise technology landscape is strongly preferred in order to effectively solicit & synthesize various viewpoints into clear, digestible messages and/or stories. A demonstrated ability to build & maintain meaningful, ongoing relationships with media & across internal stakeholders is a must. She or he must work well in a fast-paced work environment, under deadlines, & be able to clearly define priorities. Candidate must be a self-starter who works well both independently & as part of a team.
Youll be joining a fun & dynamic team that is growing in size, scope & geography. We value collaboration, innovation, measurable results, & learning fast.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Develop, manage, & execute communication strategies that help drive awareness & preference for Pure Storage technology among key audiences;
- Provide PR counsel to internal clients across functions & levels to manage expectations & educate as necessary;
- Craft compelling messages & stories to help frame technology conversations with media;
- Develop communications materials including press releases, messaging, FAQs, PR plans, award & speaking submissions, etc.;
- Monitor the competitive & media landscape & propose PR strategies as appropriate;
- Build meaningful relationships & trust with key cross-functional internal stakeholders
- Work with & manage a PR agency to drive & measure results.
- You have a passion for technology-led storytelling & a strong understanding of the enterprise technology landscape;
- 8+ years of experience in public relations / communications, in an agency or corporate environment. B2B technology background is preferred;
- Goal-oriented strategic thinker but also willing to execute tactics & roll up your sleeves;
- Ability to build & maintain strong internal & external relationships;
- Strong understanding of PR planning & implementation processes;
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal communications, project management & decision-making skills;
- Self-starter who works independently with minimal supervision but has a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Detail-oriented, highly organized & able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously;
- Thrives in a fast-paced & deadline-oriented environment.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.