Who we are:
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in peoples behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a small but rapidly growing organization that works in partnership with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. We work in groups rather than in structured corporate hierarchies; our culture is creative & entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do & are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization.
What we do:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships & sales teams better understand & predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, & the key offers & incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates & a stronger ROI.
As aM continues to expand its engineering community & mature in its Agile approach, the infrastructure required to rapidly build, test, & deliver assets will become increasingly complex. DevOps exists as a multi-disciplinary practice dedicated to evolving & operating our rapidly-changing software at scalethroughpartnershipfrom design, to development, to production support.This includes operating & maintaining our continuous integration & delivery pipelines, monitoring solutions, & production infrastructure. This will all be done by focusing ontime-to-marketand softwarereliability.
What you will do:
- Participate in & improve the whole lifecycle of servicesfrom inception & design, through
deployment, operation, & refinement. Maintain services once they are live by measuring & monitoring availability, latency, & overall system health.
- Constantly seekand identifyopportunities to streamline existing processes by introducing automation, tools, or infrastructure to scale the business.
- Support the development organizations continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline, including setup ofproduction & lower environments to build, test & release all software.
- Design, implement, & maintain the monitoring & metrics systems, providing the business stakeholders withongoing feedback onsystem performance.
- Work closely with leadership andITto provide input into the design & implementation of the security infrastructure.
- Work withArchitecture,Engineering, Quality Engineering,IT,andProduct Operations leadersto create & implement processes that accelerate the delivery of new features & products with high quality & at scale.
- Create examples, framework, standards or other reference that develops the abilities of others to consistently deliver high-quality work.
- Develop & contribute to a culture of high performance, transparency & continuous improvement as it relates to the infrastructure services & streamlining of the development pipeline.
- Participate in a diverse team of talented engineersglobally, providing guidance, support & clear priorities.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 7 years of DevOps, Software Engineering or Infrastructure Operations experience, with a passion for DevOps & improving the delivery pipeline & infrastructure supporting it
- Strong infrastructure architecture & design skills
- Experience in designing & implementing monitoring, logging & alerting systems
- Experience or knowledge of Kafka is ideal
- Excellent verbal, written, & interpersonal communicationskills; abilityto interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge & understanding ofcloud-native architectures,SaaS design principles,microservices,and containers.Any certification is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills & ability to solve complex technical problems,
- Experience in project planning & estimating, project budgeting, staffing, change control, & status reporting
- Ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key technical & business problems, develop & evaluate alternative solutions & make recommendations
- Experience working in an Agile software development organization implementing & supporting development teams using CI/CD pipelines, with tools such as Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Familiarity with setting up automated testing tools (e.g.Junit,Mocha, Selenium, etc.), & automatedcode analysis/securityplatforms (e.g.Sonarqube,Checkmarx, Contrast, Qualys)
- The ability to use code to create automation & a working knowledge of our development tools which include Jenkins, Jira, Git, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Splunk (but not necessarily all) is required
- Knowledge of container orchestration ideally using Kubernetes is highly desirable
- The ability to understand situations or problems by organizing information in a logical way. This includes anticipating problems for root causes & alternative solutions.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Generally, work is performed Monday through Friday, though holidays & weekends may be required.
We believe in equal employment opportunities:
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
The company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the companys employees to perform their job duties may result in disciplinary actions up to & including discharge.