Youre passionate about great creative, & have plenty of experience leading teams in the execution of world class work. You understand how to create work that has meaningful impact & this is an opportunity for you to do so at a fast growing technology company. You have worked on integrated projects that bring together the best of digital, film, OOH, & print, driven by a cohesive & powerful story.
The Creative Director will be on the National Creative team, responsible for leading the creative partnership & service needs between the Creative & Media team. You will strive to execute the brand vision, visual design language & art direction across our key marketing channels.
You will work closely with the CDs across brand, innovation & field marketing, as well as our VP of Marketing & members of the Content team. You will deliver & direct inspiring work throughout these channels. You will recruit & mentor design teams, & help build integrated campaigns that can help power Compass growth to hundreds of offices around the world. You will work everyday to assure that the work being created by our creative teams across the country is world class & has an impact on the company goals. In addition to the media focus, you will oversee a wide variety of creative projects across many different channels in support of the Product Marketing function, helping to drive awareness & adoption of our tools & products among our agents globally. This includes branding, advertising, photo, video, social & beyond. You will report to the Chief Creative Officer.
What We're Looking For:
- Infectious leader who can inspire & execute all things design & creative: from concept to craft
- Solutions-driven advocate of creativity: you can work through operational challenges & develop processes to ensure impactful & beautiful work
- Top design skills & a portfolio to prove it: you like to get your hands dirty & are prolific with creative output
- Expert at client interactions with the ability to sell in work & speak not just passionately about design & creativity, but also plainly to those who are inexperienced
- Relish the process of receiving & giving feedback from both internal & external stakeholders
- Enthusiastic to take on many different types of projects: starting initiatives from scratch, implementing established style guides, evolving existing processes
- Ability to move fast & explore many ideas at once, without getting bogged down on any one project
- Ability to learn from mistakes & misfires & come back stronger for it
- Passionate about mentoring & collaborating with other designers
- 8+ years managing design teams & leading projects with demonstrated results
- Currently authorized to work in the United States
At Compass You Will:
- Make great work. First & foremost you are responsible to make incredible creative work at Compass both individually & driving your team.
- Direct & control the activities of a broad Creative functional area helping service several departments within the company.
- Mentor & manage a team of creative talent including design, art direction & copywriting, photographers, videographers & more
- Recruit top talent to the company to build the future of the department
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing & emerging platforms & inspire colleagues to create pioneering work.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans & objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters & ensures achievement of objectives.
- Oversee the management & advancement of high-level Creative team members.
- Control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing priorities, & recommending & implementing changes to methods.
- Own the OKR setting & review process for your team.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participate in organizational development of your team & the methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for projects, programs, & people.
- Ensure budgets & schedules meet organizational requirements.
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing Directors, National Creative Directors, & Production/Traffic to marry business objectives with exciting creative that performs.
- Regularly interact with executives & influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Develop new original concepts & then lead the visual design to bring ideas to life.
- Influence the national style guide by applying & adapting it.
- Work with the talent team to recruit & manage freelance creative talent.
- Contribute to the development of budgets & timelines for creative projects
The Marketing & Creative team at Compass is responsible for shaping every aspect of the company, including the brand, the product, & all marketing & communications. We value great brands & believe design & creative culture to be an important part of the Compass mission. Visit our instagram channel @compasscreates
This is a sweeping challenge that provides an incredible opportunity to work with various mediums & on many different types of projects. Were building an organization & products that can provide the best possible services to a growing network of the worlds best agents. By doing this we help fulfill our Mission of helping everyone find their place in the world.